Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 7:56am

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bower I hate to do this to you but here it goes.

Wing Chun rule of 3:
    3 Palms strike................. standing, side, hanging
    3 Punches.......................straight, HOOK, Uppercut
    3 stances........................Square, front, side
    3 maneuvers...................Circle, shift, thrust

so yes.... Wing Chun has hooks.

as for Kicks I give you WC's 8 basic kicks.

1. Low Front Kick (Dai Jing Gerk).
    2. Front Kick (Jing Gerk).
    3. Side Kick (Waang Gerk).
    4. Low Side Kick (Dai Waang Gerk).
    5. Instep Kick (Gerk Booie).
    6. Outside Snap Kick (Gaan Gerk).
    7. Upward Knee (Hay Sut).
    8. Scraping Kick (Yaai Gerk).

Bower.... Anthony Arnett is a respected instructer in the Chuneg lineage. I'm sure you will post another one of your strange rebuttels but facts are facts. If Mr. Arnett chose to ad a few things over the years I see nothing wrong with that. I personally cross train in several arts but mantain a solid base in WC. I am not bound by the limits of any one systems and I'm sure niether is Mr. Arnett. As for your comments about Dan Inosanto I can only assume you have no real MA experience. Pretty much anyone with a brain respects the man for his knowledge and long list of real deal fighters. If I am wrong about you post up pictures of you, your website, your schools website, who you trained with and when, and anything else about you to prove me wrong. I smell Bullshido :pottytrai

I would recommend making more sense in your next post. You come off like a 12 year old child. It's easy to make a fool of yourself here and so far you are on that path.
    Last edited by leejunfan; 7/17/2005 8:01am at .

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 8:12am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leejunfan
    Our ground training comes from Guru Kevin Seaman.
    What happened to Ribbon Muchado and his submissive wrestling? :eusa_danc
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    What happened to Ribbon Muchado and his submissive wrestling? :eusa_danc
    LOL... case and point.... see how easy it is to screw up?...LMAO

It's Submission Wrestling coming from Kevin Seaman who trains with Erik Paulson.

So I guess the qestion I have for you is.... what was your post implying?

I recently found this where Bullshido ripped me to shreds:
    A few points about this paragraph are in order:

1) Combat Submissive Grappling – The poster does not know that Erik Paulson (a very skilled sport fighter with a proven record) teaches Combat Submission (not Submissive) Wrestling (http://www.erikpaulson.com/). The fact that he makes such an obvious error speaks volumes.
    2) Ribbon Muchado is not a person in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) world. He is probably referring to the highly regarded Rigan Machado (http://riganmachado.com/) who is a relative of the Gracie’s who created the BJJ system and a very skilled fighter. If this person is as involved with grappling as they claim they’d at least know this bit of information and not be making such a horrible attempt at name dropping.
    Now I never once said I was an expert of ground fighting, I never claimed to be taught by Machado, Paulson, Gracie and so on. The grappling that I have been pursueing has been by Kevin Seaman and it is called Combat Submission Wrestling. Now it is clear I made a typo... maybe even a bunch... between the words submissive and submission. Ribbon and Rigan..... my mistake. But does that mean I don't train in it?

As far as this Kung Fu drill he’s endorsing (Chi Sao aka. Wing Chun Trapping) it’s highly unlikely that any grappling or boxing coach would use this technique (especially one of the Gracies or the Machados based on our own member’s experiences working with these instructors). Additionally, MMA/Grappling instructors generally view the clinch as a range of combat best suited for (yet more sports-training) things like Thai Boxing or Greco Roman/Freestyle Wrestling and not Wing Chun Kung Fu.
    OK, for a moment let's not call it Chi Sau... instead let's call it "feel" or "sensitivity". Are you telling me that BJJ'ers and boxers don't develop good feel or sensitivity? Saying that chi sau is only trapping is like saying ground fighting is only rolling on the ground. It's just plain false. When I use the words chi sau I am describing the practice of developing feeling and sensitivity so one can get in and hit, lock, trap and so on. When a guy has you in the clinch do you "feel" if he is shifting his weight to knee you? Do you feel him try to take you down? THAT is what I was refering to when I said everyone does Chi Sau. I don't see how I could be more Clear on that.

You are right, a seminar here and there isn't enough.... I never said it was. Fortunately Guru Kevin Seaman is only 40 minutes away. Give me some credit for at least trying my best to keep an open mind to training.

I know that Bullshido hates or has hated me for various reasons. To be honest I don't really care. Everyone here would like to see if I'm BS or not. I'm not here to 'prove" anything to you or anyone. But I'd be happy to train with you any time. Stand up or ground. I always look forward to learning something new.
    Last edited by leejunfan; 7/17/2005 9:10am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a partial hijack, but I was one of the ones who said mean **** about Anthony in the beginning of the Pax Baculum Wars and since he has started posting here, I have felt like more and more of a schvantz. Dick. Putz. Split Knish. More Yiddish genital references here.

I hope you realize that the ribbing you receive now is of the friendly kind and that you are a valuable poster.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:31am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I guess the qestion I have for you is.... what was your post implying?
    Nothing, I was just curious.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut
    This is a partial hijack, but I was one of the ones who said mean **** about Anthony in the beginning of the Pax Baculum Wars and since he has started posting here, I have felt like more and more of a schvantz. Dick. Putz. Split Knish. More Yiddish genital references here.

I hope you realize that the ribbing you receive now is of the friendly kind and that you are a valuable poster.
    believe it or not I really enjoy coming here. It is both entertaining and educational.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, Chi-Sau is not total bs. Sometimes when I am mounted it helps me partially survive in Vale Tudo sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 4:37pm

Style: Kung fu/jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually attended a very famous Wing Tsun school in the UK (that shall remain nameless). When I was being shown an application by an assisstant instructor, I simply obstructed his knee with a low side kick. He said 'in the case that someone blocks you with a low kick, then side step...' and as he side-stepped I also side stepped whilst delivered another low kick to the shin/knee area, obstructing his advance.

My qualms with wing chun/ving tsun is that there are alot of loop-holes in the system, and with the aid of take-downs or low kicks, the system has little to answer with IMHO.
    Last edited by thewhitejetli; 7/17/2005 4:40pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers
    Cung Le is JUST a physical manisfestation that we have all seen as an example of decent KF.
    Cung Le owes much of his success to training in Free-Style and Greco Roman Wrestling which can hardly be considered kung fu. Cung Le also has added Jiu Jitsu to his training regimine.

No doubt that he is a great fighter that has been talking about entering into MMA competition for years but has yet to compete under a MMA rule set. :icon_wink

As far as me fighting him, I would be glad to, after I gained about 40 pounds and got 20+ pro fights on my resume.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** does Cung Le have to do with me sparring a WC guy anyway?

Nevemind, I almost forgot that you are mantally retarded.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast