Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Working out tired

I, and my crew, have been removing two very large snow falls yesterday and today off homes and apts walks and drives (hope we get as much soon and roof shovelling starts $$$$$$). Tons of snow shovelled. Deeply worn muscles with back, shoulders, and arms aching dully.

Any thoughts on working out when exhausted? I'm leaving in a half hour for class, so I'll soon experience it and I know I'll be skipping pushups and don't get that fucking jumprope anywhere near me.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on how 'tired' you are, you may be asking for injury.
    We old guys aren't young anymore, so don't try to go your hardest if you do decide to train.
    Stay away from maximum exertion.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 9:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're kidding right?

If you're just sore, then don't whine. If you're injured, you shouldn't be training.
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 9:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    make sure you stretch before you shovel, I shoveled last winter and really hurt my back. You could work out but maybe tone it down a little.

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snow shoveling and heart attacks go well together for the overweight, high bp, middle-age crowd.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:10pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Especially if you are sedentary or unaccustomed to heavy lifts.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...something a company commander mumbled many years ago...it was getting dark after a long work day (about 16 hours). He called a formation which everyone assumed was to dismiss us for the evening. Instead he gave everyone five minutes to return in PT gear for a 5 mile run. Why? Because that's the difference between Marines and others. When others are ready to go home because they are tired, Marines will go the extra mile (or five miles, as the case was). That whole training cycle was much the same...extra PT when you are already exhausted.

There is also a saying in our dojo. When two equal guys go at it, one will eventually tire and give in. Never be that one who gives in.

So...training when you are exhausted from shovelling a few tons of snow is no different. It is the difference between the average and the champion. Now go put on your snow gi and train like a man!

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Any thoughts on working out when exhausted? I'm leaving in a half hour for class, so I'll soon experience it and I know I'll be skipping pushups and don't get that fucking jumprope anywhere near me.
    Drink some allsport or some other carbonated electrolyte drink. If you need a little boost, drink a cup of coffee, or take some ripped fuel and/or some sublingual dimethylglycine.

I've trained exhausted many times. It's hard to get started, and tough to keep going. You can make yourself puke if you work on it hard enough.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:33pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    ...something a company commander mumbled many years ago...it was getting dark after a long work day (about 16 hours). He called a formation which everyone assumed was to dismiss us for the evening. Instead he gave everyone five minutes to return in PT gear for a 5 mile run. Why? Because that's the difference between Marines and others. When others are ready to go home because they are tired, Marines will go the extra mile (or five miles, as the case was). That whole training cycle was much the same...extra PT when you are already exhausted.

There is also a saying in our dojo. When two equal guys go at it, one will eventually tire and give in. Never be that one who gives in.

So...training when you are exhausted from shovelling a few tons of snow is no different. It is the difference between the average and the champion. Now go put on your snow gi and train like a man!
    Too many people take the tough it out and keep going attitude and don't rest their injuries.

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 10:34pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yes I am talking about myself. </bitter>
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast