Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 11:23am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in South Africa last year for a gathering of JJ-ers hosted by Sensei Sam Tonkin and I had the pleasure of watching Sensei Roman Lutak, 6th Dan (and part of Zujitsu) on the mat. Taught me a very useful technique which I can easily incorporate. Looked a genuine high grade to me.

He gave me his card and teaches at the McBurney Branch in NYC. No jokes as I've never been to NYC (but remember the song and the video still crops up on MusicTV).

He brought a couple of his students with him and they were equally pleasant and personable. He was invited by Sensei Kenny Blundell, who spoke well of him and that Roman had been the best instructor he'd seen in NYC. Kenny is the son of the founder of the British Ju Jitsu Association. Good enough for me.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon
    He was invited by Sensei Kenny Blundell, who spoke well of him and that Roman had been the best instructor he'd seen in NYC. Kenny is the son of the founder of the British Ju Jitsu Association. Good enough for me.
    This founder doesnt happen to go by the name of allan tattersall?
    Because he's a moron.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 12:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why alot of you guys hate on zujitsu. I'm not saying that it is the end all and be all of the martial arts, but I'm just saying that in my several years of martial arts training zujitsu is very effective and works well for those who work it. Like I mentioned before I have worked with soke zulu many times in the past 8 years or so and I always walk away with something new that I can incorporate into my arsenal. If you dislike zujitsu for whatever reason then don't train in it, but don't sit here and be an internet tough guy and talk down on the system or the founder. There are plenty of so called masters that I don't necessarily agree with or think certain things about their system, but I leave them alone. So again quit hating.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 2:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are you reading this thread?
    who is hating?
    who are you directing your post to?

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 3:57am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For Lebell,

Not Allan Tattershall. I have no knowledge beyond name checks in COMBAT, Martial Arts Illustrated. I have no opinion as I don't know the gentleman.

For our NY Friend,

I have no criticism of Zujitsu, indeed, my comment above was complimentary of a senior Dan Grade based on my mat experience and observation. If ever I am in NYC, I would be only too grateful for the opportunity to train.

Hope this helps.

Posted On:
    11/23/2008 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Zujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study Zujitsu and met Chaka Zulu...and he knows his stuff. It ain't no BS and its training for self defense. Someone attacks you, break them up! If your looking for sparring and tournaments then Zujitsu is not for you. But it works for me. And he really is a great guy who loves martial arts and teaching. But what works for me might not work for everyone...but you guys should check it out!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234