Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure a lot of people do them, that's evident in any weight gym you go to.

However unless you're competing at a high professional level where presumably everyone is doing them what is your reasoning?

The gains you'd get lifting as ahrd "naturally" may not be as impressive but at least they hang around longer and you came by them legitametly.

As a disclaimer I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about steroidsas I work out in a gym where their use is common. It pisses me off because a-holes who haven't been working out as long or as hard as me all of the sudden are stronger. Of course when they go off cycle they're soon not as strong. The part that bothers me is that these fools then have the temerity to try and give advice about wokring out. Give me a break.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what you mean about people trying to give advice about working out when you already know more then them. I would lift a good 6 days a week when I am on. You do lose some of what you gain in strenght put it stikes around for a long time and by the time it wears off you have built extra strenght to make up for it already.

Sure a lot of people do them, that's evident in any weight gym you go to.

However unless you're competing at a high professional level where presumably everyone is doing them what is your reasoning?

The gains you'd get lifting as ahrd "naturally" may not be as impressive but at least they hang around longer and you came by them legitametly.

As a disclaimer I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about steroidsas I work out in a gym where their use is common. It pisses me off because a-holes who haven't been working out as long or as hard as me all of the sudden are stronger. Of course when they go off cycle they're soon not as strong. The part that bothers me is that these fools then have the temerity to try and give advice about wokring out. Give me a break.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bruising is normal, but if you were doing deca and raged that is very strange to me. I notice I get a little bit irritable off test, but never off of deca.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
    I had bruising, unusual bruising, where I took the shot. My friend had none. This was DECA by the way. I develope and unusual hair growth underneath my right pectorial muscle, I don't have a lot of body hair. This guy I spar with did a move on me incorrectly and I went totally ballistic to the point everybody in the room thought they would have to restrain me. That's the first time I've done that and I've been grappling for years. Couldn't sleep half the time. Increased sex drive (but that's a plus). This was only one cycle I didn't want to risk another especially since I only took a half a dose.

Go away I'm talking to myself
    <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 3:50pm

Style: Kempo, Catch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I experimented with Test, andro and HGH a while back. (man I feel old) One thing people tend to forget is while anabolics and their ilk increse muscle mass, the tendons and ligiments supporting the added strain do not get tougher as they do with gradual "traditional" mass gain through hard work and exercise. With all the strain grappling has on tendons, ligaments and joints I really don't see the benifit.
    Case in point. I was in a leg press..not maxing just doin reps of about 500lbs when I felt a pop in both knees and a burning sensation in my thighs. I tried to stand up but collapsed. Turns out the quad support tendons above both my kness ripped and the burn was my quads curling up along the bone. That incident put me on the shelf for over a year and cost me my ride to UNLV. I swore off 'roids at that point.
    But...about 4 years ago I was hurt (back and left knee) and the physican gave me a choice...undergo a steroid regimine and avoid surgury and be back on me feet in a matter of weeks..or go under the knife and be out of commission for several months. I chose the shorter path.
    So under a DOCTORS careful supervision 'roids do have their use. But I have never bee an advocate of self-medication regardless of it's form or reasoning. But hey...it's your life and body, screw it up as you see fit. Just hope you don't curse your offspring with defects beacuse you couldn't be bothered to hit the gym a bit harder.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah no wonder why nobody really responds when I say "Roiding out and slipping on some speedos own TMA,"

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We eat meat LOADED with steroids EVERY DAY.

Theres really nothing so horrible about doing them. I've never in my life experienced rage or anything like that. I never bruised either altho your ass is SORE from that ****, like a tetnus shot lol.

And for everyone info, steroids arent going to make you a monster or anything. In order to look like Dorian Yates or someone you have to ABUSE steroids for YEARS and YEARS. Alot of people think that as soon as you inject 1cc of Sustanon your going to SWELL and become this MONSTER who RAGES and can bench your house. You dont really notice JACK **** for a WHILE. It takes time to even get absorbed into your system.

And here another little tip for you....you STILL have to work your ASS OFF for great results. I've lifted both on AND off and you STILL bust your ass EITHER WAY. People just get pissed because you get better results. Your ALSO lifting ALOT more than most people. Alot of guys that use steroids lift 6 and 7 days a week. So when someone tells you guys that are using roids dont work tell them they're full of ****. Then direct them to this site and I'll tell them again.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee said:
    I admit I've taken them. They really dont put on MASSIVE size though. I gained about 15 lbs of muscle(I LOOKED like I gained ALOT more than that) in about a 10 week cycle.
    How much do you know about muscle building Peedee?.
    15 lbs of muscle in 10 weeks is a ridiculous gain. Thats not
    even remotely possible without some chemical help.

I've always been natural. Last year I put on 20 lbs in 1 year
    - and I admit more than some of that was from beginning to weight train properly. I won't be able to do that again.

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 9:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if you decide to rationalize away any concepts of "cheating" or some of the more cliched side effects of steroids Kempoist brings up the most tangible porblem. The supporting architecture isn't there for the amount of muscle built up or for the increased strength of that muscle. This will have effects for most anyone and will likely create some severe problems down the road.

Peedee,
    The argument about our eating meat loaded with steroids is quite ridiculous.

First off these animals are hardly healthy or natural. There is really nothing more pathetic than a broiler chicken (what you eat) these animals would be unable to live complete lives they're so malformed and over stress. What's more their own bones and connective tissues can't support their muscle mass (see above). They are a testament as to what is wrong with building muscle mass up too fast.

Secondly, as far as the whole "eating steroids in milk and meat" thing goes its a load of nonesense. Sure they pump up beef cattle and dairy cattle with loads of steroids, however, these hormones are hardly detectable beyond a natural trace level as to be irrelevant. Additionally the amount of these you would then consume is infintesimal compared to the amounts of these chemicals naturally in your system. Plus the cooking of meats and the various proccessing methods for dairy products denatures most N based hormones so as to make them irrelevant and they are uncerimoniously excreted. (I was an animal science major for my bachelors and had way to much experience with beef production and nutrition).

These instances are in direct contrast to the steroid use being discussed here. In these cases you are injecting levels several orders of magnitude than you would ever be exposed to in any other instance. You're comparing apples and oranges, and not just to say they're both fruit.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 9:46pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dochter, do you know of any good books on that subject you were describing? It sounds interesting.

About the steroid, I am against it all the way because I believe anythings that is not natural shouldn't be done at all. If natural won't let you do something (growing huge muscle even with many years of weight lifting and other things) then that mean it is the best thing for you.

I am wondering what would happen if you use steroid and get big in like 3 to 5 years. After 20 years of lifting weights and using steoid on regular base then you stop. What will happen in 10 years? That is what I am researching on right now. Here are the result so far on various type of body:

Female model: average height- 6 feet and average weights- 115 lbs
    Body type: slender, elegant, and fragile
    Result: Small muscle, bones very fragie (lacking of muscle and fat to protect it), and short on various nutirents.

Regular Weight Lifter (without Steroid or getting huge)
    weight: 180 to 200
    Type of body: some muscle but not too much and toned.
    Result: healthy body, in good shape, and stay fit for very long time

Runner (information done by observe high school track and olympic runner)
    Weight: 120 to 160 lbs
    Type of body: Slender, low amount of fat, and very toned body.
    Result: slender, toned, excellent cardio, and usually have right amount of muslces and fats. In long term, no downside but longer life.

Swimmer:
    average weight: ?
    Type of body: Musclar legs, average size arms, strong upper torso, small waist, and usually toned.
    Result: A swimmer is probably the most fittest athletic out here. but after stop swimming, they probbly will become a average body type person.

Weight Lifter (huge monster type)
    Average Weight: 210 to 250 lbs (?)
    Result: In good shape until they get old and stop lifting. After that? Due to my opinion their body will be unable to support all weights of muscles any longer due to bones getting weaker (loss of calicum) and muscle become useless (lacking of lifting weights) Plus I have heard that it put strain on heart too.

So the result of sterid look horrible to me. That is just what I have done by researching on my own so far.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 10:48pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never want to be huge! That looks just goofy. I might end up that way since I've been told I've so far been like my dad growing up. Which means he was skinny at my age, and bulked up when turn 17. But that remains to be tested. I'd rather keep a slim, fit body then have those monster size body that looks like your about to exploded.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast