Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.judoinfo.com

look under techniques, throws for a drawing or picture of those throws.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want a serious answer, it depends on the choke. If its a RNC and you dont see it coming you're probably going to pass out if its just a crappy I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing headlock/choke you should be able to fight your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 11:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What should someone do in that situation? Learn how to grapple! There really isn't one damn way to do everything. If you know how to grapple, those grappling instincts will get you out of it (that is, if you train hard enough).
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 12:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The obvious solution is to not sit in such classless chairs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:01am

Style: BJJ blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or mabey he just didnt have any freinds around? I dont see how alot of these posts are in any way relavent to the discussion ( poidog's, brand's, osiris's). If I wanted some box of jesus bread to tell me about my brother's social life i would have gone to ... well I dont know where else I could have gone actually. But the point is it just really doesnt help me to understand how he could have gotten out of the situation at all.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikidoDeadlines
    Or mabey he just didnt have any freinds around? I dont see how alot of these posts are in any way relavent to the discussion ( poidog's, brand's, osiris's). If I wanted some box of jesus bread to tell me about my brother's social life i would have gone to ... well I dont know where else I could have gone actually. But the point is it just really doesnt help me to understand how he could have gotten out of the situation at all.
    They're relevant to the discussion in the sense that you present a "I'm-seriously-fucked" situation and ask for some cookie cutter "here, this will always work" answer. Might as well have asked, "If I'm jumped in a dark alley by 37 flipping out ninjas and my arms are tied to my nutsack, what do I do?"

The logic behind the answer I gave is that if you have a good crew, you don't need to worry about random attacks as a flying solo situation. I've jumped into fights and gotten beaten down because my friend was blindsided...but the point is that I wasn't just gonna sit around and watch him get fucked up undeservedly (if he deserved it, that's another matter entirely). I've also (when drunk) slapped a kid around and internally sneered at his ***** friends who didn't do a thing the whole time except stare at their plates and pretend nothing was happening. And if you do get stomped/choked/slapped around and your buddies do nothing, they aren't your buddies. So they need an ass-whipping and you need to get some new friends.

You prefer an answer like "stick a pencil in his eye"? (yes I understand that's not exactly how it was stated) Then you'll have to ask the question "How does my brother avoid getting his ass beaten in juvie?" Have him train in something/anything, have him sit with his back to the wall, tell him to make some friends who won't just sit around like some pussies while he's getting choked and ask him to tell you the truth. I find it hard to believe some kid just randomly decided to choke him into unconciousness.

And despite the tone of this post, I'm not just trying to be a dickhead...I just play one on Bullshido.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 12:59pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I would try to move off the chair, and kick the guy as hard as I could in the chins. Then tyr to elbow him, ram him into a desk, ect...when a person has the hold complete you can't really do much. After I did that pointless crap, I'd pretend to go out, or go out for real.

Then when I feel better, give the guy who did it a message...on not doing it again. Though you may want to watch your back for a few years, just to be safe (after you get the guy back).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 7:14am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    I find it hard to believe some kid just randomly decided to choke him into unconciousness.
    Otherwise excellent post but: Highschool? Kids trying to be tough guys? Sounds plausible to me. Possibly because it happened to me once (and only once). Well, it wasn't entirely random but it sure as hell was stupid enough not to suspect an attack was coming. I was at the time unaware that my dad was quite a brawler in his day. One of the guys he beat down had a kid my age who wanted to perpetuate the feud but was too much of a ***** to come do it himself and egged some other kid on to try and knee me in the face.

I know all this because I beat it out of mr. ***** but otherwise I'd still look back on it as a totally random attack.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12