226154 Bullies, 3834 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Under what context do you PRIMARILY use cross-facing?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensively--to inhibit the other guy's aggression

44 25.73%
  • Only to force a reaction from the other guy.

48 28.07%
  • I'm a complete fucking tool that crossfaces at every given opportunity

45 26.32%
  • I don't cross face.

26 15.20%
  • Other

8 4.68%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112 131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 4:39am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    No, Fictionpimp did.
    My bad. Functional alcoholism isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 5:02am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weed is better for you.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 5:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you enjoy being neck-cranked, you know...quickly and forcefully? Or mabye a knee in the face that's just a little too hard? Or an elbow that connects instead of a hook? That's what happens to wankers who cross-face all the time in practice.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 6:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't name any dangerous technique. I've been KO'ed in sparring, I don't consider that dangerous. Just because someone hits you harder than they need to, or cranks a neck crank a little faster doesn't mean you get injured, it just means you get hurt.

Don't be a *****.

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 1:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynor
    Ok, so you're a ***** too. Crossfacing is essential takedown defense. Ask any REAL wrestler. Not only that, but it keeps the person who's shooting from sticking their head out all over the place. Its valuable for both partners. Just because it hurts too much for you pussies doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. And if you come across someone doing it too much, it just means that you fucking suck at keeping your head tucked.

Oh, and banning moves or retaliating in a dangerous manner, because something hurts is fucking bullshit. Not fagging out about actual sparring being too painful is one of the things that seperates BJJ, and other effective **** from arts that don't work. In fact, just today we were drilling cranking guillotine chokes as the person on top worked to crossface or choke his way out during the escape. My partner was over 200lbs so he head a lot of pressure to put on in either postion. My neck hurts. My spine hurts. My face hurts. But I'm not a ***** so thats cool.
    Yeah, and you can do a knuckle or thumb in the jaw hinge, knuckle in an eye socket, fish hook, grinding an elbow on a face, manipulating small joints and a whole bunch of other **** too.

But if you try that on the higher belts at our school they'll probably choke you unconscious and re-arrange your body in a homosexual position.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 7:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fact, someone on my former wrestling team was just killed when he got his nexk popped.
    Do you have any proof for this? I'm collecting case reports and the like; one of my writing projects involves the effectiveness of various spinal and neck dislocation techniques.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 7:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Extra hard hits as well as extra fast nexk cranks lead to injuries. In fact, someone on my former wrestling team was just killed when he got his nexk popped. On the other hand, cross faces are designed to turn your head, not to hurt you in any manner. There's a difference.
    I can hurt you, I can even hurt you a lot, without injuring you. I don't NEED to do that in training, but I can, and I know enough to be able to avoid injuring you in the process...but why? People grapple to learn how to grapple, not how to tolerate pain.

But if you try that on the higher belts at our school they'll probably choke you unconscious and re-arrange your body in a homosexual position.

LMNAO!

One would think that the higher belts know how to shoot in a manner that makes it a moot point. Crossfacing is different from foul tactics in that it a reliable and effective takedown defense as is taught by legit grappling arts. Its the best encouragement to shoot properly. it never causes injuries however. You don't like it, move your face out of the way. Simple as that.
    Neck cranks that utilize all my body weight and base are legitimate submissions, and if I make you tap 5 times instead of once as I'm puting it on...well, it's difficult to extract myself from some of them quickly, which might end up being too bad for you, but oh well, you're not a *****, a little pain is nothing to you!

In fact, in your case I'd expect a thank you, considering I'd taught you a lesson in pain tolerance, which you seem to value so highly, as well as how not to grapple.

Do you have any proof for this? I'm collecting case reports and the like; one of my writing projects involves the effectiveness of various spinal and neck dislocation techniques.
    I once had my neck hyperextended by a Judo BB. I shot for the double leg, he got double underhooks, he swept my near (left) foot out from under me and crucifixed me CRUNCH, I had no time to even realize what happened before I was in shock...the closest I've ever come to a broken neck, it never quite KO'ed me, but I was in shock for about an hour and in pain for weeks.

The only proof I can offer is my name, Geordie McCredie, and where it happened, the Campbell River Judo Club, I don't remember the name of the guy who did it to me (my memories of that day in general are kinda fuzzy), but it's possible I could find out.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    I was training with a bigger stronger guy who kept cross-facing me with no legit submission in mind.

This was only in grappling though, and a couple months later when he started sparring MMA, first time, I punched him across the ring into a corner until he verbally submitted and started whining that I was going too hard and fast. I smiled and said no problem, and in the pouty scowl he threw back at me, I knew that he knew, he was the bitch.

Douchebaggery begets douchebaggery.

Relying on power over technique=Pain for fucktards.
    I love stories like that..every dog has its day.Heh heh
    Personally, in wrestling I crossface when I get frustrated, but usually not before.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a *****. Keep your fucking head tucked and its a non issue to begin with. You should be punished for shitty takedowns, not allowed to do them because the counter is just too mean. If you don't wanna be hit, take up XMA or some ****. Then at least you'll look cool.
    It's funny you should say this. Rhadi Ferguson, an Olympic level judo competitor from the U.S., posted some pics on his takedown techniques a while back here on Bullshido. I noticed in the pictures that his head was not tucked and sent him a PM asking him why.
    He never responded.
    This was one of the first things taught to me when I started to wrestle in grade 8.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/11/2006 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is the only cross face I use

Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm