233366 Bullies, 3790 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Under what context do you PRIMARILY use cross-facing?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensively--to inhibit the other guy's aggression

44 25.73%
  • Only to force a reaction from the other guy.

48 28.07%
  • I'm a complete fucking tool that crossfaces at every given opportunity

45 26.32%
  • I don't cross face.

26 15.20%
  • Other

8 4.68%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 4:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i sink a modified RNC (well, depending on what you call it. Simply put, i grab my own shoulder ratherthen the crease of my arm for more squeeze), andthey stick there chin in there- i'll just gently increase the torque until there jaw breaks (or long before that, they tap out).

Is this different then crossfacing? Is it dirty? Im told by various people that they tap because when i do this they either; Are experiancing a neck crank, are stil being choked (yes, so tight that even with the chin in, theyre gassing); or they're jaw hurts. - sometimes a combination of any and all of the three.

I've never given this much thought until now.

Other then that though, i don't really cross face... in that, I'll push the head, or side of the face- but not for the purpose or effect of hurting there face, but simply manipulating there head to immobolize them or rob them of strength.

For example, if someone puts me in a headlock, i'll bridge my arms and push away. I would imagine it's discomforting- but i do it for the sake of pushing there head, not discomforting there face.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was training with a bigger stronger guy who kept cross-facing me with no legit submission in mind.

This was only in grappling though, and a couple months later when he started sparring MMA, first time, I punched him across the ring into a corner until he verbally submitted and started whining that I was going too hard and fast. I smiled and said no problem, and in the pouty scowl he threw back at me, I knew that he knew, he was the bitch.

Douchebaggery begets douchebaggery.

Relying on power over technique=Pain for fucktards.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 1:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since ICY brought it back from the grave . . .

I voted that I don't crossface, but that is just a general rule of thumb. In a tourney, I'd have no problem doing it.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:20pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defensively: To keep him from jamming his shoulder into my face from top of side mount, or to keep him from coming around to single leg me off of a failed double leg.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 2:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross-facing is kind of a gray-area technique where I train. Sure you can do it to people. You can get away with pain techniques to transition to submissions. But they are looked on a little more like "bitch" techniques, and if people tend to do them a lot at the expense of developing better technique, eventually they'll start getting it back like people slapping on armbars harder and faster. The pain transition stuff is taught, though, just differentiated from what you'd typically want to do in rolling with people in-house. I guess the idea is to be able to train it, but still keep from injury to your partners.

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 3:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross-throat is completely legit at my school as a submission and to force someone to move to set them up for something. Cross face... Little bit more gray, it's not taught as a sub or technique but if someone chins-in and leaves your cross-throat or sub on their face it seems to be their responsibility to protect their own damn face.

Crossfacing can happen pretty easily and you can train it and train for it without sending people to the hospital. Sounds legit to me.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 8:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Across the throat is a submission...****, even a proper crossface neck crank is a submission.

Bone-sawing is not a fucking submission.

Since ICY brought it back from the grave
    No, Fictionpimp did.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    3/09/2006 9:14pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I get bored.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just vagina out of the whole debate by using my forearm on the bridge of their nose, forehead, or chin instead, so i'm sure i'm legitimately moving the head instead of getting it from pain. Also, LOL CROSSFACE PRESSURE POINT GRAPPLING, just to get it out of the way.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2006 1:00am

Style: judo, karate, jap jj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i have gathered from reading this thread is that i wouldnt roll with raynor

"superficial" and "easily healed" stuff may be ok for your ego and feeling tough. i prefer to go home (and to work the next day) looking the same as when i came. my ego doesnt enter into it.

if you start doing a bitch move like that, i'll tap every single time, you learn nothing and i learn that your a **** training partner

competition is different story though, if its inside the rules and you believe it can give you any sort of advantage, do it.