228206 Bullies, 4766 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by perdido88
    These are really good stuff.

Keep one arm near your head in case the person will punch you. If the opp. punches you, use the elbow so that his punch lands on it; this will hurt his hand. in the meantime, try to push the opp. leg with your other hand and squeeze your leg from underneath (you will end up in the half-guard). Then you can repeat the process with the other leg to finish in the guard or just to push him away.

A quicker way to get out of the mount (yet its not very manly) is to pinch the opponent's inner thighs and stomach. Keep doing it rapidly to cause discomfort. Then the person will lift up and you can bridge and roll away while pushing him off you.
    I would avoid using your hands to push whether it be legs or the waist unless you are keeping your arms really low. You are asking for an armbar and/or you are far away from using your arms to defend punches etc. Pinching the inner thighs might lead to you getting your head bashed in because your hands are far away as well. Does this stuff with the pinching work against trained grapplers? Just curious.

:icon_mrgr

Another interesting question for all is what in the hell are we talking about here? MMA or a streetfight? If somebody is mounted on you in a street fight you are in trouble as far as I'm concerned as it means they know how to fight. If you just wound up there by accident then getting out shoud be fairly simple.

Obviously MMA is different.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 3:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quicker way to get out of the mount (yet its not very manly) is to pinch the opponent's inner thighs and stomach. Keep doing it rapidly to cause discomfort. Then the person will lift up and you can bridge and roll away while pushing him off you.

perdido88
    :5kidding:

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 3:41am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are really good stuff.

Keep one arm near your head in case the person will punch you. If the opp. punches you, use the elbow so that his punch lands on it; this will hurt his hand. in the meantime, try to push the opp. leg with your other hand and squeeze your leg from underneath (you will end up in the half-guard). Then you can repeat the process with the other leg to finish in the guard or just to push him away.

perdido88
    Or you can try tickling him. In the heat of battle, the only thing that will save your ass is giving him some minor discomfort.

PL

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please note I said it was a ***BASIC*** technique. About the only thing I didn't clarify was I sure as hell wouldn't try it during Vale Tudo...but BJJ...especially lower levels...hell yea. Some non-reading bastards around here at times.

Also, I don't think I'm that strong or I must not be rolling with strong people, but I've never had anyone just magically push my leg out of the way like it was nothing...if someone is that insistent on moving your leg or whatever, chances are they are a bit off balance or screwing something up somewhere.

On another note, any advice I give should be trumped by anything Omega or Johhny or a profesionally instructor says. ;)

For mount escapes I'm a big fan of the foot lift or foot drag escapes along with standard elbow escape and shrimping. And before I forget, everyone can have a big cup of shut the **** up because Phil Elmore said all I need was 5 concealed guns, 3 concealed knives, and my choking wristband watch (with illuminated face) to kick your bitch ass before you can mount me. ;)

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 9:43am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

perdido88

yes, honestly I have been in a lot of situations where that stopped me punching the hell out of someone's face...it's just TOO DAMN UNCOMFORTABLE!
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't try to pinch the inner thigh in this situation and I practice pinches. It's hard to get a good grab from that position and if you don't get the right spot or your opponent doesn't happen to be bothered as much by that pinch as most are, you're going to end up eating a lot of punches.

In a friendly situation I would probably buck like hell and end up getting tapped out.

In a confrontation, I would hug up and start trying to bite huge chunks out of the fucker's stomach. I know it's not foolproof (winter jackets) but it's better than lying there and
    taking it like a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What exactly is pinching supposed to accomplish?
    I thought that the guy wanted to know what to do if he is mounted IN A FIGHT.
    I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine a guy pinching my thigh getting anymore reaction than "Would you please stop pinching me and return to fighting?"

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger

In a confrontation, I would hug up and start trying to bite huge chunks out of the fucker's stomach. I know it's not foolproof (winter jackets) but it's better than lying there and
    taking it like a bitch.
    or you could learn some simple groundfighting escapes, whichever you prefer.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 11:02am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing hobbyist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something taught in Krav Maga (for self-defence purposes, not MMA):

Pull your knees up and feet in hard and fast towards to disprupt his balance a bit. If the guy is punching you, tuck your chin into your chest and cover your head/face so that your hands are at the back of your head and your forearms are in front of your face (as if you'd pulled a high boxing guard into your face) - in order to cover your self up and stop your head bouncing off the floor. Elbow the guy in the low stomach/above the groin a couple of times. THis should (we're told) bring his head down a bit. Bridge while grabbing his face around his cheeks with one hand and the back of his neck with the other and twist his head and roll to the side in teh same direction as the twist.

OK you RBSD hating fuckers flame away. (Seriously I'd be interested in experienced opinions).

Some things we've been taught include strikes to the neck or into the armpit (I guess that sounds stupid, but when someone did it to me it seriously hurt and made me move, and when I tried it on a resisting -although inexperienced - opponent it did make bridginig a lot easier) to shift their wait up and off you a bit to make bridging easier. Without any grappling knowledge, I suspect some people are going to say these leave you open to an arm grab/lock.
    Last edited by pachanga; 1/14/2005 11:05am at .

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only problem with that is assuming the other guy won't be controlling your arms. And any real leverage you might have for some sort of horizontal downward elbow smash to the abdomen or groin is going to be outweighed by the sheer power of raining punches on your skull with a position advantage.

Striking armpits,etc. No.

You are at a positional disadvantage to deliver strikes. Don't try to trade from here. Escape the position and then deliver your own strikes. Anything else is going to be counter-productive for your facial structure.

Grabbing his face while bridging? No.

Try this from someone on full mount. You won't be able to reach past their chest. Even after a bridge.

All of these things are compounded if they get the 'high' mount. All of your striking is removed when the guy on top has his knees behind your shoulders.

Less theory and more lab work on this problem.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast