Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 12:21am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what oppurtunity presents itself. If this is a fight, I'd pull him close and start bring my elbows to the side of his face. If He's much larger than you, I'd say buck him off or shrimp out. If you're a strong guy and can manage to grab his arm, you can pull him down, lock his neck to your chest and elbow him, or start slipping out. Like I said, there's a huge number of options and variables, do what you feel best doing. I like to power through situations like that, you may prefer to be more methodical and technical.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 12:26am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well one of the basic ways to prevent the mount...if they are going with the knee on the stomach...is to cross one of your legs of the top of the other like you were sitting in a chair.

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 12:31am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande
    Well one of the basic ways to prevent the mount...if they are going with the knee on the stomach...is to cross one of your legs of the top of the other like you were sitting in a chair.
    When someone does that, we're taught to just push the knee to the ground (if they're putting their right leg up, push it to their left side) and pass to mount anyway. How would you prevent that?
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First things first.If he has his head up and is punching at you bridge explosively.
    Now he must regain his balance probably by posting a hand on the floor.But more importantly while he is doing this he is not punching you.
    When he posts his arm you can indeed try and grab it and roll him.
    Failing this if I were a grappling noob I'd spend some time developing my elbow escape.
    When you bridge and he goes up/forward your weight should come down with you now totally lying on one side with your arms in but your top side hand/wrist blocking access to your face.Now your elbows drive his thigh away as your bottom leg goes under his leg.You now have half guard.
    If I was a noob I'd stay hugging him, while scooting my butt away trying to slide to his back.When he blocks your access you roll him over you.
    I wouldnt go to guard were I a noob getting punched.
    And I didnt get more detailed on elbow escaping because in your example he is punching you and doing little to prevent your prying his leg outward.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 1:01am

Style: Sleeping / Studying

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a noob at this, but i have been taught to push his hips down and then grab hold of his trousers at the waistband and bridge explosively while pulling in the direction you want him to post. That exposes your face for an instance but the rationale is that if you wanna bridge, do it right rather than bridging unsccessful and eating more punches.
    Last edited by lwflee; 1/08/2005 1:06am at .

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grab an arm. Trap the foot on that same side. Bridge and try to roll to that side. Works quite well even against advanced grapplers.

If it does not work, RIGHT after you buck/bridge - you use a hip escape (shrimping) to get to half guard. Hip escape again to the other side to get full guard.

If you fail in these it is CRITICAL that you keep trying.

The bridging will never allow him the opportunity to set up big heavy bombs to your head. Eventually he will settle down and put his chest down on you. He will probably deliver some short punches to your head. Try to look away from his strong side. Turn your hips to the side, push his knee down and use your bottom leg to catch his leg in half guard. The options here are endless. Good grapplers use the halfguard for sweeps or to take the back.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shrimping out is the term we used in BJJ to denote pushing on one side of the knee and pulling your body out. Kind of like how a shrimp moves.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 1:50am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Grande

Gringo Grande
    Sweet! That's a free leg lock if your not careful.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine
    First things first.If he has his head up and is punching at you bridge explosively.
    Now he must regain his balance probably by posting a hand on the floor.But more importantly while he is doing this he is not punching you.
    When he posts his arm you can indeed try and grab it and roll him.
    Failing this if I were a grappling noob I'd spend some time developing my elbow escape.
    When you bridge and he goes up/forward your weight should come down with you now totally lying on one side with your arms in but your top side hand/wrist blocking access to your face.Now your elbows drive his thigh away as your bottom leg goes under his leg.You now have half guard.
    If I was a noob I'd stay hugging him, while scooting my butt away trying to slide to his back.When he blocks your access you roll him over you.
    I wouldnt go to guard were I a noob getting punched.
    And I didnt get more detailed on elbow escaping because in your example he is punching you and doing little to prevent your prying his leg outward.
    What he said and use your legs! Noobs always try everything with their upper bodies but the legs are your friend. Try an ankle pick/elbow escape to get to half guard and then full guard. If you use your legs effeciently you don't even need to use your arms with the exception of your elbows. They can be used to prevent the onslaught of punches etc.

Ankle pick: A simple and easy tech. to get into an elbow escape. You are flat on your back and your opponent is mounted on you. Keep him low on your torso with your elbows as your right leg crosses your left leg and his right leg. Hook his right ankle with your right ankle and pull his foot over your left leg/ankle. As you are hooking his ankle you are using your left elbow and shrimping to your right. (your ass goes to your right side). You will wind up in the half guard but you can continue your elbow escape on the other leg. Your upper arms/elbows will be tight to you and in his thighs but you can grab him to prevent punching with your hands if need be. (use your hands on the spot between the biceps/shoulders by cupping/grabbing them). Just be cognicent of leaving your arms exposed for an attack if he's not close.
    Last edited by Red Elvis; 1/08/2005 2:13am at .
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 2:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These are really good stuff.

Keep one arm near your head in case the person will punch you. If the opp. punches you, use the elbow so that his punch lands on it; this will hurt his hand. in the meantime, try to push the opp. leg with your other hand and squeeze your leg from underneath (you will end up in the half-guard). Then you can repeat the process with the other leg to finish in the guard or just to push him away.

A quicker way to get out of the mount (yet its not very manly) is to pinch the opponent's inner thighs and stomach. Keep doing it rapidly to cause discomfort. Then the person will lift up and you can bridge and roll away while pushing him off you.

perdido88
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast