Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not gonna read this whole thread so sorry if I'm repeating what someone else said, but when we discuss multibles we gotta decide if we mean weighthead bouncers who have a clue or 16 year old 140 pounders who are drunk.
    Cause Rorion is overstating when he says beating multbles is fiction.Beating TOUGH multibles is pretty near fiction, but beating a group of hapless dolts isn't that hard.I've seen it happen.
    The attributes most needed top beat up say theree strong tough guys are rarely mentioned.
    Size, strength, balance, power.
    I know some huge wrestlers who a guy like Eddie Bravo or Royler Gracie would tap quickly who I'd way rather have backing me up in a brawl.But size/strength can't be changed(too much).
    Too beat 3-4 guys you probably gotta stay up(you can't if youre attackers can wrestle well, but lets say they can't) and a grappler can best stay up.
    My top guy fopr beating a group is a Tom Erikson or Emil Fedor.A big powerful grappler who can take you out with one punch... if he can land it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:19pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice.....!!!!!! that about sums that up then

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is the kind of thing Strong Machine is talking about:
    http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=594

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Injured Reserve

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So taking your shirt off seems to be the key to defeating multiple attackers.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 11:31am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csinca
    So taking your shirt off seems to be the key to defeating multiple attackers.
    hahahahaha. no. because every white trailer trash guy in the midwest does it...

"and i should know, because we can smell our own."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 11:33am

Style: stand, clinch, & grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine
    I'm not gonna read this whole thread so sorry if I'm repeating what someone else said, but when we discuss multibles we gotta decide if we mean weighthead bouncers who have a clue or 16 year old 140 pounders who are drunk.
    i agree with this

a couple of years ago at a show i was jumped by about 7 extremely under-nourished high school kids. i'm about 6'1" 220. i had more of a striking background then grappling at the time. i was pushed down and took a couple of head shots and a kick to the ribs and thigh. i managed to get up and push them off as the bouncer stepped in. i may have taken a beating if he wasn't there, but after getting up and being fully pissed off and sizing up these kids i think i would have been able to smash a few faces.

i think in a situation like that i was just basically covering up and then trying to get back to my feet ASAP. even now that my ground game is about 1000% what it was at that time, i'd be more worried about getting up than applying any ground techinques.
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 1:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys need to read the whole thread. I know reading the whole four page thread is a lot to ask because you have video games to get to and all .. but it would help if you guys knew what had already been said and everything. The only thing this page has added to the conversation is that "it's easier to take on a scrawny gang than a gang of body building Navy Seals." Thanks. I'll write that in my training notebook.

I'm just kidding around .. but this was a pretty decent thread. You should check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 1:55pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9chambers
    You guys need to read the whole thread. I know reading the whole four page thread is a lot to ask because you have video games to get to and all .. but it would help if you guys knew what had already been said and everything. The only thing this page has added to the conversation is that "it's easier to take on a scrawny gang than a gang of body building Navy Seals." Thanks. I'll write that in my training notebook.

I'm just kidding around .. but this was a pretty decent thread. You should check it out.
    I got to 'reading' then stopped to play some more videogames.... Damn I love Tetris.
  9. 9chambers

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 2:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tetris is as addictive as crack.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The reason for that is because you can only clear 2 lines of crack at a time, whereas in Tetris, the goal is to clear as many lines as possible!

PL
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast