Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 3:33pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I stayed in mount or knee mount I would've been finished. The only thing that saved my from taking a lot of damage was the fact that we were rolling around and that the guy I grabbed was on top of me most of the time, preventing effective kicking and stomping.
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 3:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In ALL Multiple attacker scenarios, its always best to keep at least one of the attackers between you and they other attackers.
    And on the ground, is no different, unless the other attackers have no problem in stomping a mudhole in their own buddy...

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Aes do not quote out of context.

I was talking with regards to multiple attackers.

If your surrounded by 3 - 4 guys pumped up and ready to brawl, then you are finished. No martial art can prepare you for that except maybe a hand gun. And if they have wepons your either going to hospital or a grave.

My point is people love to put down groundfighting by using the argument of "what happens if your up against multiple attackers". All I'm saying if you go for groundfighting or stand up you gone either way.
    Did you fucking read my initial post?
    It is an example of me not getting finished.
    You say what about my rice?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had similar circumstances. Only the guys came out to beat my ass because MY SLUTTY BITCH ASS GIRLFRIEND called one of the guys an asshole when they drove by. The biggest guy came first and throw a punch which half connected. He moved forward and I moved back, grabbed him because I tripped and I pulled guard. They tried stomping and kicking me, but I moved their friend around to take the shots, while keeping my elbows to my side to absorb their kicks.

I ended up getting back on my feet and making sure that they didnt surround me, and kept forcing them in front of the other (my multiple attacker training paid off here). Anyway I just kept moving around keeping distance sometimes throwing a punch, until they knew they werent going to beat me down before the cops got there. And they ended up taking off. A had a few scratches, but nothing bad at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:26am

Style: Taekwondo-Bjj-mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we train to fight multiple atackers,with two or three guys teaming up and one fighting them all at the same time,and i must agree that fighting them all standing is hard as hell...The only way that works is if you really try to knock them down the minute they go at you..And i'm sure that wont work with a lot of guys,besides that is the fight takes longer i really wear down my stamina,and everything begins to hurt like hell(getting hit everywhere,and blocking so much)...so i say yeah,groundfighting would be really important for multiple attackers..
    But i dont think i would be very good at it..

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the argument is "If all you know is grappling - then you will be fucked for Multiple attackers - only because your entire game is one on one going to the ground"

WHICH IS TRUE.

But if you do end up there - yes if your a grappler you will be better off then if you didnt know anything, and ONLY after training in grappling will you have a better chance at getting back on your feet.

But you dont want to pull off a double leg when you have 2 or more people coming at you, I dont care who you are.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Multiples

Fighting against multiples, the odds are against you and you're gonna take serious lumps if not beaten down by the end...

If you can land a well placed elbow against one of the attackers, it'll let the others know that you mean business. Very, very few people know how to defend elbows with the exception of muay thai or silat.

Clinch against one of the guys (they won't understand the clinch) and try to use him as a shield while you go to town with head buts & elbows. All it takes is one elbow, maybe two if he's tough. Get close, spin around and souplet/souplex on the ground.

Move, but KEEP punching. Find an opening and RUN TFO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bottom line(as ussual) is that you must be able to strike and grapple,doesnt really matter is youre a grappler that can strike,or a striker that can grapple,as long as you can..
    To be honest i rather stay on my feet, because people(i would)go kicking the **** out of you when youre on the ground,,its so easy kicking someone in the face when their down on the floor,and you cant groundfight two guys at the same time.

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you grab one of the attackers and use him like a baseball bat and beat all the other guys into a pulp, then you will be just fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    grabbing one by the legs and spinning him around reall fast will defenetly make an impression.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast