Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I dunno. After you bite the nose off the first guy others are reluctant to engage. It helps if you are stomping around like a madman hitting yourself in the head with your shoe.

People don't want to **** with you if you do that.
    Insisting that you be allowed to take your shoes off before the fight is another tactic.

This is a great topic and I will have to remember to +rep HAPKO3 once I get more varrots to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by taikwido
    Well, if you have knocked down the first guy with a single blow, the others would have thought twice.
    You are a moron.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/07/2005 4:48pm at .

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 4:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin69
    When you can, yes, nike-jutsu is the way to go.
    :laughing6
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Genius

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    A small gang will not sneak up on you. ..shoes off and MOVE.
    This is just plain silly. They didn't plan an attack, expect and attack or went looking for trouble. A person shouldn't be expected to run around in at TKD dogi with kung-fu shoes on all of the time. It looks to me like you are blaming Hapko for being stupid enough not to use clairvoyance to predict the future or paranoid enough to expect danger at every corner.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:22pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on the opposite side of the coin, in one fight i kept the fight standing up and i think that saved me from getting jumped. maybe.

i got jumped by four guys in front of my house. well, the biggest one got in my face with his friends egging him on. he was about 6 foot and 200 lbs, and i was 5'9'' and 135 pounds (apparently it took me until my early 20s to hit puberty and finally grow). i took the big guy out because he wasn't expecting me to hit him (but what the hell do you think is going to happen when you put your finger in a guys face and yell at him). so he went down and the rest just stood there. i have no way of telling if they would of jumped in if i took him down, but they seemed like they would have, because with my back to them, there was no threat.

but any fight you survive without waking up in ICU (which sucks, btw), is at least partially successful. and it is hard to to say "what if?" because there are so many variables. but i tried.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is an old story I was told once. A lord was looking to employ a samurai. They narrowed the candidates down to 3 of the best swordsmen in the land.

They asked the first samurai to wait in a room at the end of the hall where the lord would conduct the interview shorly. When he opened the door a pillow which had been carefully propped above fell and hit his head. With one one swift stroke the pillow was cut cleanly in half.

The second samurai was asked to wait in the same room. When he opened the door he moved out of the way of the pillow and also cut it cleanly in half.

The third samurai of course was also interviewed this way. But he paused a moment at the door, sensing danger, he choose not to open it. This was clearly the man for the job.

Now....this story was told to me a long time ago. And I don't remember all of it. But I think the message is clear. Obviously they needed a 4th samurai to bite the pillow and beat it with his shoe.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikfeet509
    on the opposite side of the coin, in one fight i kept the fight standing up and i think that saved me from getting jumped. maybe.

i got jumped by four guys in front of my house. well, the biggest one got in my face with his friends egging him on. he was about 6 foot and 200 lbs, and i was 5'9'' and 135 pounds (apparently it took me until my early 20s to hit puberty and finally grow). i took the big guy out because he wasn't expecting me to hit him (but what the hell do you think is going to happen when you put your finger in a guys face and yell at him). so he went down and the rest just stood there. i have no way of telling if they would of jumped in if i took him down, but they seemed like they would have, because with my back to them, there was no threat.

but any fight you survive without waking up in ICU (which sucks, btw), is at least partially successful. and it is hard to to say "what if?" because there are so many variables. but i tried.

Not the same. You had one aggressor. If the other three had swarmed you after taking out the first one, then it would be different.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yrkoon9 again.
    You say what about my rice?

Genius

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't realize pillows were that dangerous.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osiris: I realize that in this case it would have been nice to run away, however, I honstly don't think it was a possibility, given even the fastest reaction time. I don't think anything, short of carrying a gun, would have saved me from the beating, and I was too young to carry a gun back then.
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yrkoon9 again.
    I suggest everyone get used to seeing this message because I'll never be able to keep up with this man.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast