Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:27pm

Style: TKD/Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you'd have downed the first guy ...

Quote Originally Posted by HAPKO3
    I couldn't run - I had my girlfriend with me and she was wearing heels. We tried to walk away and that didn't work. Instead, I had them occupied by kicking my ass while she made noise and got the cops to come. I think that was the correct thing to do at the time.

Ronin: No ammount of training would have saved me there, unless I really got t3h Ch1 pow3r. There was too many of them and little room to move around. I would assume that anyone short of Wanderlei Silva on roid rage would have been stomped in that situation.

But going back to my original point, had I not instincively done t3h grapple, I would have been stomped a hell of a lot worse.

Well, if you have knocked down the first guy with a single blow, the others would have thought twice.

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    taikwido: I did, I think.

I've been in one more fight where I knocked the first guy not down but the **** out with the first punch. That didn't help any.

This is a myth.
    You say what about my rice?

Marasmos

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can escape, off course you should. However, it's smart to be ready for the worst and have at least some sort of a gameplan for when you can't escape to minimize the damage.
    You say what about my rice?

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Swarming is something very common, and it NEVER stops if you take out the "first guy".

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:46pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who's the "first guy" when they are in a (semi)circle?

The only good thing RBSD guys teach is to have a weapon. Chances are, if you had a gun with you, they would have backed off.

Or pulled out their guns and shot you, I don't remember which.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if i was facing more than two people id **** my self and run- but in hapkido we do lots of 2 on 1 sparring- ive found when fighting to people the best thing is to try to pull one- or move in a way so that one is lined up in front of the other- making it so they cant get on both sides of you- usually what i try to do is throw the first guy- then follow up with strikes to the second

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 3:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The moment you "pull one" if have created a grappling situation.
    You better know how to grapple AND to ground fight, why? because ground fighting is just a question of time, once the intial "stand up grappling" starts.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno. After you bite the nose off the first guy others are reluctant to engage. It helps if you are stomping around like a madman hitting yourself in the head with your shoe.

People don't want to **** with you if you do that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 4:40pm

Style: .........................

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No matter what terrible thing you do to "the first guy" chances are they're gonna keep coming. That said by all means hurt the first guy as badly as you can, the idea of dragging someone down to use as a human shield worked for very well in one situation that i witnessed at a party last summer. The guy being attacked bought himself enough time, for his friends to back him up and he did hurt the first guy pretty badly. He used a piece of wood that was being used to support a tree nearby, that was for all intensive purposes a 2by4 and went to town on the first guy that came within reach of him. I have no doubt that the first kid (the one who got cracked with the 2by4) later took a trip to the hospital but it did nothing but encourage his friends. Once things evened up abit the original "attackers" bolted, which in my opinion shows the cowardice involved in an attack like this. Knowledge of how to control someone on the ground could be useful in attempting to shield yourself in such a situation. It would certainly be far more useful than trying to scare someone off by acting crazy and biting their nose.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't discount the nose bite. Especially when combined with a ritualistic shoe self-beating.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast