224678 Bullies, 3538 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    You're right, it depends on what we're discussing.
    As far as how to do a one legged stance, yes, that
    is clearly demonstrated.

As fas as whether a marching in, straight punches strategy would always work, that certainly can't be
    proven either way by the video.
    I definitely checked out all the vids. In
    http://download.minidocs.net/download_movies/17.mp4,
    the clinch seems to take away a lot of the progress
    made by coming forward with straight punches.
    Marching in is only a starting point.

True about the Clinch. My two basic answers to the clinch, elbowing and kneeing the groin where against the rules, however. Not to say it is gonna save me everytime, the clinch is really good.

I also am in Vid 6 and 17. Vid 6 I had to tune it down and try to get the girl to cover her face and centerline and in vid 17 I fought a much more experienced Kick Boxer. Broke a rib at around 1:06. :new_all_c

I gotta go to work, more later.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

software engineer

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Marching in is only a starting point.

True about the Clinch. My two basic answers to the clinch, elbowing and kneeing the groin where against the rules, however. Not to say it is gonna save me everytime, the clinch is really good.
    What is the next progression of marching?

One overlooked technique from the clinch is the scorpion kick.
    I learned this when I was training at the Shamrock Training center.
    Josh Thomson demonstrated it in the UFC.

You kick with your heel from the side into the side of their
    knee, to try to hurt the tendons and to buckle the knee.
    That would be a viable technique under those rules.

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 8:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    What is the next progression of marching?

One overlooked technique from the clinch is the scorpion kick.
    I learned this when I was training at the Shamrock Training center.
    Josh Thomson demonstrated it in the UFC.

You kick with your heel from the side into the side of their
    knee, to try to hurt the tendons and to buckle the knee.
    That would be a viable technique under those rules.
    Hurting someones tendons is not smething I would consider in "lite" sparring. I have a whole arsenal off knee destruction but it is not "lite" and not nice. I don't risk those kinda things with strangers in a friendly free sparring thing.

Marching in is the simpelist starting point, shortest, fastest, and protects the vitals, all at once. If they back away then you are winning, if they match you then you have a stable base pushing out and if they overpower you, you get turned into a flanking attack that....start marching forward again.

Then you can start thinkng bout evasion stuff. Flanking steps to begin with, waiting from the ready and using a turn, or some other things. These, however are tricky becasue they offer a vunerability to the enemy. Your commiting to a side, waiting for a hit which you hope to catch, or have commited to an action which they may anticipate. So a forward blasting step with punches and kicks I feel is better.

Lefty and Punchy pointed out on another thread once that people now practice to beat a forward chain puncher. True enough. They also now practice to beat a BJJ grappler. If you know what someone is gonna do ahead of time, then it makes it easier, they have counted on the surprize and it doesn't happen.

So it really boils down do understanding distance and timing, what ever you do.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2005 10:11pm

Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How our stance works is the "balance" is on the rear leg, but the "weight" is evenly distributed. It may seem a bit of a strange thing to say at first, but it makes sense if you do it.
    That way, you are not overbalanced, you have good mobility, and are not prone to single leg sweeps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 1:23am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr Tzun Tzu, you get cred from me for daring to put vids and pics of yourself up on this board.

Overall I think you caned that guy in the vid -- though in the end I think he realised that if he just forgot about being punched in the head he could get some body shots in.

Posted On:
    12/25/2005 12:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. I am by no means champion level, especially at free sparring. The Kickboxer/ MT really handed it to me in vid 17. I did all right, being I don't spar that often, and he comes form a school of thought that always spars, and has competions. But after my rib recracked, I was really only trying to not get it broken, but still wanted to practice under advrse conditions. He asled me at one point If I wanted to stop, I said, "no your kicking my ass, and I need the practice", he then kicks me in the neck!! it was great fun.

I have nothing to hide either, as I am proud of what I have been taught and how it works. I have used it for real both in situations where I didn't want to hurt the guy and then when I needed hurt them. and it can be switched mid stream. So I don't mind putting vids and pics up, they are just training and sparring....and we need points of reference.

tobbagonis getting at the same thing I am. Balance vs. weight vs. center of gravity. Wing Tzun is fighting from an engineered structure.

I said I would get back to you all with some Latosa Escrima for reference. I gotta hang with my Mom for a bit as it is Christmas Eve, but I will try to get back online later tonight....

DTT vs Sirc

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283