Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I find it intellectually stimulating and I think a lot of people feel the same way. For proof, not the disproportionally large amount of literature on aikido."

Really? There's tons of crap on every MA.
    I'd also to say that the "intellectual" part is missing in a disproporionally large number of aikidoka. Add a "pseudo" and you might be right.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Twing Tchun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    My opinion is that WC will take you much, much longer to turn you into a killing machine than muay thai or kyokushin.
    Well historically wing chun was designed to be the ultimate no bullshit, kick ass system.

I guess somewhere along the line, with so many people passing it down it got corrupted in theory.

Not remotely funny

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wot doct said (and start speeling your disproportional correctly you 'orrible little grappler)

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I guess somewhere along the line, with so many people passing it down it got corrupted in theory" and from all reports 99.9% of practice.
    Last edited by Dochter; 1/07/2005 12:59pm at . Reason: clarity

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onecardshort
    wot doct said (and start speeling your disproportional correctly you 'orrible little grappler)
    My neanderthalesque fingers prevent proper typing and my slopping brow makes it hard to read the text on screen. I am afterall a brutish grappler.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:53pm

Style: WC, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember similar conversations when I had switched from WC to MT....at that time, WCL, you were defending WC... :-)

Ironically, I have started WC training again (along with MT). But while I train MT as a combat art, I go to the WC school more for the fun-workout equation...lots of camaraderie, stretching, etc...

I still hate chi-sao...I see no point in it at all. We used to spar in my WC school and our sifu would allow us to use non-WC techniques...and it opened my eyes to the impracticality of the so-called trappping range techniques. Even stuck in a closet, I would use the MT clinch in a fight anyday.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:59pm

Style: BJJ and WT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my opinion,a good Wing Tsun practicioner could be very hard to beat.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 1:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently there have never been any good wt/c practicioners who have ever got into a fight with someone not doing the same style.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wing_muay
    1) I remember similar conversations when I had switched from WC to MT....at that time, WCL, you were defending WC... :-)

2) I still hate chi-sao...I see no point in it at all. We used to spar in my WC school and our sifu would allow us to use non-WC techniques...and it opened my eyes to the impracticality of the so-called trappping range techniques. Even stuck in a closet, I would use the MT clinch in a fight anyday.
    1) We hates you. We hates you very much, yesss. See, that is why I put "my CURRENT opinions on wing chun" at the title of this thread. I literally got some sense knocked into my head since then.

2) I disagree, I still use trapping during sparring matches at the MT gym, I consider it one of the good points of wing chun - maybe because the other guys are simply not ready for it, who knows. To each his own, of course.

And guys, please, try not to derail or troll this thread. We are mostly having an unprecedented serious discussion on wing chun here, let´s keep it that way.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that the reason Wing Chun has no power hits is that it was designed for diminuitive Chinese peasant girls from the 1700s who couldn't power hit worth a damn in the first place. WC was supposed to be the next best thing to actually being able to power hit, I understand.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast