Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 10:59pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *flexes wing chun debating muscles*

I used to accept this as an explanation. But what does it actually mean? Why does not tensing the muscles create a heavier feeling in the elbow?

i can only show you.

Difficult isn't it? That's why it can't be given as an explanation, because it explains nothing. How does weight move to your wrist? How do you fill up your arms with your body weight? Is this really what it is all about? Do you think your opinion will change in 5 years time and you'll look at this and say 'what the hell was I on about?!?"

how does weight move to the wrist? i don't know... come to the next bbq.

How do you define a connection to the ground? Why does weight in the arm connect you to the ground?

i gave an example...

Can you do this on someone heavier than you? And can it be applied under pressure?

i can do it to people heavier. I haven't done it in a fight, but my friends have, people you know.

Be very careful of pushing. Pushing and having good structure are complete opposites...

Also, muscles are used. You know that right? Come on, we are trying to give wing chun credibility here!!

I know not to push... i used the pushing as an example.

How do we absorb if we roll everything off? What about the rest of the body, isn't that need to be relaxed too?

you do both simultaneously.

Would you say you have achieved it?

only a little. its amazing how much that little can do when other people can't do it. I'm only talking about other wing chun people here.... their chi sau falls to pieces, and so does their balance.

come to the next bbq. If someone could explain wing chun to me, then it would be easy to do, eh? you know as well as i that its about feeling what is right and wrong.

Once i tried to read all the articles on the internet about wing chun.. they didn't help in my training. Maybe i should start the new writing wing chun style.
    The person that can make the biggest post wins.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    If someone is alot heavier and stronger than you, They can collapse your structure. It's not failsafe. It does work well in using structure to fend off a strong opponent and strong attacks. In order to "absorb" the strikes, the lower body must be in a static tense horse. This horse is great for close striking, trapping and the like, but not for all around fighting.

well, i'm saying that they shouldn't be able to. yeah?

and you don't throw out a bong sau,..... what kind of **** is that?

you try to hit the person attacking you.... if hes trying to hit you, you meet his strike at the angle of attack.... because your structure is relaxed, but firm, a bong sau occurs, and it either redirects the force, or it strieks though a gap.

why do you practice bong sau if you are never going ot use one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    supercrap..... it doesn't have to mean anything... you just need to be able to DO it.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't use it, hence I don't practice it. You can throw out a bong sau and redirect an incoming strike. The structure is only used a very basic ideal of WC. Have you fought other styles with WC? WC is good, however it's not complete, and not perfect. It has to be adapted and applied with other forms of Martial Art to make a person a competent fighter. If I have to say this again, Im going to scream. You don't use your shoulder or arms to strike? I do. I add all of it, I guarantee I hit harder than someone who just uses WC structure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    I guarantee I hit harder than someone who just uses WC structure.
    thats a pretty big call

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you guys can fight better than you theorize.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Thanks dude... But I have been shown it many many times by people training for 20 years under Sigung... I have felt it. I just think they are the exceptions, the few people who can actually do it..."

i didn't see this bit... i don't know why you wanted me to explain then... it does nothing to help your understanding.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To help yours. And because I don't understand it.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MA success= diversification of tactics, strikes and styles, nutrition and weight lifting. None of this over analytical structural bullshit. Fight some other styles of martial art and then come back and discuss. A person who solely depends on WC for fighting is doomed to failure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2005 11:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    To help yours. And because I don't understand it.
    my understand isn't helped much by people telling me what to do on the internet. Its helped by feeling what is right and wrong, and then working it out from there. you can't explain something like that and expect people to do it, or even understand it. I will freely admit that i don't understand it completely.

oh.... something else it gives you is even force across your forearm. so whereever pressure is applied, it is exactly the same at every point of the arm. make of that what you will.