Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MMA/JKDC

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Technically in MT if you mean to knee the guy, your knee should be longer than the opponents cross.

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 5:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    I've done that before thinking a knee will cover me and get the person in front of me to stop attacking. Not sure if that's what Piz's what doing, but that's my .02. I got sweeped and then another time clocked like Piz. I remember one time we had these Muay Thai pads, and a person would strap them to their arms and swing at your head or body. I was looking at this new girl doing muay thai and I got hammered.

Edit- Yeah I was about to comment on that. Piz, you do WC right? Why were you using OveGloves to spar?
    *swept

For those people that still think I do WC, you need to check my training log.
    Not sure what I'm going to do this upcoming semester though, looks like resting and rehab only and no MA.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FingazofDeath
    Technically in MT if you mean to knee the guy, your knee should be longer than the opponents cross.
    http://www.bullshido.com/images/pizknee.gif
    Thanks to Phrost.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 6:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Bruce Lee figured out the limitation of Wing Chun and obviously needed to revise what he learnt and incorporated boxing hand techniques etc to compensate for the weaknesses. I wouldnt really bother with wing chun and would rather go straight into Jeet Kune Do. Many of the problems of wing chun has been iliminated right there.
    Last edited by Freddy; 1/10/2005 6:51pm at .
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG I'm an idiot. Swept, thx Piz'd.

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 6:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WIng Chun Lawyer have you tried sparring with a limited space or in a corner? I something sparr in my living room and one thing I do get alot is alot of bump and bruises not so much from being struck but just the damn furniture. Obviously things like round kicks dont work as well or you cant use that often. I sparred on ice a few time. It was slippery like hell as you can imagine and kicks were almost useless. You could pull off a very low front kick to his leg but then your risking landing on your back. Circular strikes didnt work though. It was just too slippery and threw you off balance.
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:11pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Actually Piz Doff's avatar is more indicative of the difficulties of evasive footwork while standing on one leg.
    Well, with a knee up like that, of course you're going to have a hard time moving backwards or side-to-side. But I was referring to your guard and how you were essentialy blocking one punch with both arms. Bad move dawg. :)
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WCL, as for circular strikes and round kicks, they don't really go that well with wing chun's forward facing stance. Against a hook or round punch, you can punch forward. Against a round kick all you have to do is step forward. I'm speaking only in beginner's terms, of course.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for the record...there are hooks in WC.

Here's a hook application for you WC guys/gals:

Against straight punch:
    1. Checking hand to fun sao (body shifts as one hand yanks, and the other strikes)
    2. Shifting the opposite way, the striking hand retracts and slaps the **** out of the elbow pocket of the extended arm (the one you just yanked) while shifting the stance to yank the opponent off balance while following w/ a hook.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hun/fun sao anything is gay. I've never used it in sparring as I am usually not doing chi sao.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're dong Amp. Yeah there are tight hooks. Offensive gan sao to uppercut,uppercut hook to the ribs from the side. (I think this is an amalgam) Tan sau to pak sau to the face, a' la Enter the Dragon. etc.