Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:39am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like you would know, you no-training eye-talian.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut up Izzy.

What would you know ? You look like Bill Gates !!!!!!
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:48am

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and you look like an animated blonde person! Which therefore proves that you're not Italian. Looks like you lied about that, as well as lying about training.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 2:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On topic:

Where I train, we learn techniques the.. regular way.. if that's the right way of putting it. And agree a little amongst ourselves how much resistance we give. As I'm still pretty new, we're focusing more on learning than application. But there are classes in the weekends which focus on grappling and some during the week which are pure competition trainings. I have yet to check it out, because like I said, I'm still pretty new, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Also, I have a friend who does kali who I "attack" at unexpected times :P. I do usually try to mess around (although not really try my best) to throw or charge at people who really don't want me to ^^ at least they resist :D (All in good fun of course. I'm looking forward to grappling and competition training like I said ;P)
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 9:49am

Style: Judo, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If its its Judo you want. Check out the university in Perth. They have a pretty good Judo club I hear. Not too expensive either.
    I'm sure you already know Kayne, but it's not actualy at U.W.A. It's in Mount Claremont somewhere.

BTW have you ever thought of just getting one of your JJJ buddies and training with them outside of your gym time.

I have similar problems with the non striking aspect of Judo, so I just train at home at the moment. But I am trying to get a few experienced strikers together to start a little friendly sparing session once a week or something.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UWA Judo club trains in Mount Claremont in the UWA Sports Park, McGillivray Road.
    ( Behind Challenge stadium )
    Young cricket, Kayne - you (and anybody really) are more than wellcome to any of our training sessions. I coach on Tuesdays and we do on average 45 mins Randori at the end.
    Same with Thursdays
    We have randori only sessions on Fridays, although they will start again in February.

So - why don't you come by and join the fun?
    It might be non-striking but beats training alone at home anytime. And it might be a usefull addition to your training.
    ( There will be a new beginners course , which starts on the 18th of January. That might be too basic for you though - I guess you will be fine in the normal classes )

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 12:28pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    havind done bjj for a lil bit now i could never imagine not sparring in a class after learning some techniques. try finding a new school.

i love to pull off new techniques in sparring it makes you feel good. knowing techniques means ****, using them is what counts.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There can be only one... Eye-talian. :XXknight:

Edit: My mother's also blonde. :tongue9:
    Last edited by Equipoise; 1/09/2005 12:54pm at .

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:55pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayne
    Having done JJJ for about a year and a half, I'm starting to get a firm grasp of the concepts and practicalities of the art, but as of yet, I have had little practice working against a resisting, moving opponent. That said, for those of you who learn JJJ, or even Judo, what are ways that you can suppliment a bit of resistance into your training 'diet', without having to troll pubs for fights, of course?

Also, at this point, I'm considering taking up Kyokushin, simply to work on more practical elements of stand-up fighting (distance, footwork, power and soforth). Although it would be great if they allowed a bit of grappling in their sparring, I could live without it.

Standup JJJ was my first intro to serious MA. It still holds a very special place in my heart.

Honestly, I'd suggest judo. It coincides very nicely with the kinds of things you'd need to do to get your JJJ to work. Judo would let you fight for the throws, a few locks, etc.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2005 1:35am

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AFS
    Young cricket, Kayne - you (and anybody really) are more than wellcome to any of our training sessions. I coach on Tuesdays and we do on average 45 mins Randori at the end.
    Same with Thursdays
    We have randori only sessions on Fridays, although they will start again in February.
    Yeah? Cool. How much do you guys charge for classes, and what time of the day does the class start?
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast