Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    He beats people at around his own weight. He never lets them play their game.

How is that not exceptional?
    You're confusing strategy with skill now.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you serious? So being a better fighter and adapting to who and how you're fighting is a seperate component from skill?

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats why its called "strategy".

If a BJJ guy flops to the ground so as to avoid a striking match you dont say "WOW what SKILL" in re: to him flopping, you say its his STRATEGY to flop on his butt and avoid striking.

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:19pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be able to implement your strategy takes skill. Nog also had a strategy.. to stick and move, to outbox Fedor and then submit him. He did not have the skill to implement it against Fedor.
    Last edited by PoleFighter; 1/13/2005 6:22pm at .
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My movie is better.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 6:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    If you really want to know if Fedor has some kind of great technique just go back to my question way back that everyone avoided:

If you could have anyone's skill while keeping your own body would you pick Nog or Fedor?

If you have any understanding of martial arts and fighting you'd pick Nog's ability to have as your own over Fedor's.
    Honestly, I don't know. I love grappling, and abhor striking, and I know I'm not tough enough to compete in Pride, so I'd pick Nog. IF, however, I was a top level atletic specemin, with the physical potential to compete in Pride, I'd pick Fedor. I would also guess that people's body types influence the way they fight. Sure, Fedor probably couldn't fight the way he does if he didn't have that awesome punching power. But it's also a skill to utilize you inherent physical advantages, just like Nog does with his triangles and long legs.

(Now that was just weird)

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 11:06am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee, Peedee thinks he knows so much about martial arts and cannot clue into the biggest factor. The point is to be able to win fights. Fedor wins, pure and simple. No one in Pride has beaten the guy. It's a shame you cannot see past your disdain for him to just see clearly how good of a fighter he is. If Nog was the better fighter, he would have won, or at least gotten some offense in. In truth I like Nog better because I train BJJ, so I want to see him do well. But I have to give credit to Fedor. Right now I don't see anyone in MMA who can beat the guy. And you certainly cannot, nor anyone you know. So just give it up, stop making yourself look like a clueless ass.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 11:25am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    I've hosted them, sent a PM.
    You better be thankful, I've tried your damned emails 4 times now.

O PizDoff Sama:

I am grateful beyond the capacity of my limited intellect to put into words.

That You, whose sandals I am not worthy to unlatch, would take the trouble on account of Your humble servant honors me beyond what i could dream of deserving.

I would offer You my thanks in the knowledge that such a small gesture from a grabasstic piece of amphibian **** as myself is an insult to Your Highness.

My only consolation is that other Bullshido ka than my-lowly-self will have the opportunity to view the clips which You, in Your magnanimity, have posted.

I am, and will remain, Your bitch, in spite of my unworthiness even to aspire to such a high station.

Grovelingly Yours,
    Garbanzo
    Last edited by garbanzo; 1/14/2005 11:38am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2005 6:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, there is a lot of bull in this thread.

Striking? Fedor is a better striker than Nog, and probably better than Crocop. Why? Because he is so fuuking fast. He out boxed Nog, who is credited with being a good boxer. Even with his hands at his waist he pummeled Nog and got almost nothing in return.

Grappling? Fedor is a superior grappler--Nog could do nothing with him, got tossed around like a rag doll, taken down anytime Fedor wanted to. And Nog is thought to be the best subs grapper on the planet at HW.

And Fedor is a small HW, just like Nog. For this fight he was 9lb bigger, a few lb lighter in their first fight.

He is hell for tough, and subbed Randleman after getting a suplex that should have killed him.

The problem for all other HW's is, Fedor has more than one finishing skill. You want to play striker? Sorry, you are going to the mat, for either a sub, or if you are super talanted on the ground, like Nog, some of the most brutal GnP on the Planet. You want to play on the ground, like Nog? Sorry, you are gonna stand up and take a brutal pounding.

There is no one out there, on the scene right now, who is going to beat Fedor. Nog has come the closest anyone will--two decisions.

Crocop going to challenge Fedor? Forget it. Fedor has the same lightning fast hands that Randleman has. And there is no way Cop is staying standing, if Fedor doesnt want it that way.

Fedor is in a class by himself--lightning fast ko striking, super brutal GnP on the ground, really slick subs on the ground, super tough, and great takedowns.

Nog is next, and I have a feeling no one else may beat him.

The rest are left fighting for no 3 spot--Kharitonov, Coleman, Crocop, Hunt, Yoshida, etal...
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910