Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 9:43pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Skater-I've named mine lol.

STOP TALKING ABOUT BULLSHIDO THE MOVIE!!!
    how about, When House Pets Attack The Groin

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Osiris's idea. Kind of like "Jackass: The Movie" but with mouthpieces and Vale Tudo gloves. We let Osiris take on the Kung Fu guys, JKDChick can whip up on the TKD side of the house and Asia and Wastrel flip a coin to see who gets the Karate schools. Personally, I would love to cover the Aikido angle, but will trade that for Ninjutsu if need be. I'll let the rest of the forum figure out who gets Juko-kai or Tai Chi. For even bigger laughs, we'll have the local troll-of-the-week swing by one of the Machado or Gracie academies for some joint-popping fun. If you're reading this Phrost, make it happen!
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 1:16am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I will take on any no nonsense martial art school (Night Breeder, Scott Francis, Etc...) :-D

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Titan

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 8:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which lucky forum member gets to take on Master Bristol ?

----------------------------------------------------------
    The story of a woman on the morning of a war,
    Remind me if you will exactly what we're fighting for.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 11:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would it be arrogant (or whatever) if I created my own martial art for MY OWN enjoyment and technique?

I'm hardly calling myself "grandmaster" or whatever bullshit but I like to think my own "style" is different.
    I'm taking Wing Chun right now but I incorporate other techniques from other martial arts. So eclectic or copied, whatever.
    I don't see it as arrogant.
    Arrogance is about thinking you're just naturally better than others, so if you think your technique is better just because it's yours, then by definition you'd be arrogant-- this is a BAD thing.
    However, if you think it's better because it WORKS better if-- and only IF-- it works better, then you'd just be honest and practical-- these are GOOD things.
    --------
    Bullshido = Bullshit + ego

Posted On:
    2/20/2003 2:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :)

everyone is arrogance to some degree, true I see it as it works for me.
    i don't like everything in WC

--

Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234