Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 5:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would it be arrogant (or whatever) if I created my own martial art for MY OWN enjoyment and technique?

I'm hardly calling myself "grandmaster" or whatever bullshit but I like to think my own "style" is different.
    I'm taking Wing Chun right now but I incorporate other techniques from other martial arts. So eclectic or copied, whatever.
    I don't see it as arrogant.

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 5:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most people do make there own style in a sense. just don't name it and talk about "your" style and ****. if you did that then it would be arogant.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If its for your own enjoyment then do whatever you want.

Most artists who cross train end up with their own unique style they just don't give it a name.

Create your own language as well if you want while your at it. :)

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 6:02pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmmm, i'm not looking to market it, or teach it at all (like some people) but i do like to give it a name

:)

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main Gumdo instructor is Shane. It's funny to hear a Korean call his style of Gumdo "Shane Style". Yes, everyone has their own style, just like if you dress like a goth or a prep, you're going to have elements that no one else has in your style (unless you're a total follower). Everyone is different. A 250 pounder isn't going to do TKD the same way a 130 pounder would.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 6:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made up my own style. Its all good.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 7:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of the above and a little extra.
    Since its all for fun, give it some sort of far out name, not that it matters, (insert real name here) do, or chuan, or jutsu/jitsu would do to.
    I think your idea of not teaching it like a some bullshido master would is a good one. To manny floating around.

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 7:02pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will create my own style called. Movie Kung Fu, in which my students watch kung fu movies and do the stuff they learn from the movies.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well PIZDOFF in my Country there are Plenty of People that Created their Own MA. It's easy since no-one tryes to find out if they r Good and affective. CRAP CRAP CRAP. U have no idea of what s**t i seen Here. Masters Granmasters Senseis etc. With minimum training and sometimes no training Just seminars...Unbelievable.

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 10:34pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greco-Great good for them. (Sarcasm)
    I'm NOT calling myself grandmaster or whatever inflasted bullcrap title. I just call myself "practitioner."

Omen Stone-That could create serious groin injuries and mental regression.

JSG-It is for fun and my own development. I already have a name for it.

You seem to disagree with TKD_fighter
    "most people do make there own style in a sense. just don't name it and talk about "your" style and ****. if you did that then it would be arogant."

In a way, I can consider myself arrogant for EXPANDING on my teachings in the training center but seriously, I'm not.

--

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast