Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Amateur Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 4:51pm

Style: Judo/BehriBJJ/Muay/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No Problem, and thank's for the welcome....Kris

OH and Bushi= "warrior" Do="way" Kan="hall/ school" Bushidokan="warriors way school or hall"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2005 6:27pm

Style: Bushidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I teach at the dojo on State Line in Kansas City. In addition to what Kris has already said, I'd like to say a little about the pictures you see on our website. A photographer came to our dojo, and we posted every single picture he took. From the pictures you just have a very general idea of what was going on in the dojo that night, nothing says they represent perfect Bushidokan techniques, strategies or tactics. You really don't know from the pics what was being said or what constructive critizism was given as a result. And as for the thong, well, what can I say? Our webmaster has a sick sense of humor (as do I) :)

If anyone would like to watch a class, Saturday at 11:00 would be the most fun, it tends to be our hardest class of the week with sparring after.

Pete.
    By the way, Kris, thanks and we'll see you when you make it to KC!

Posted On:
    6/04/2009 7:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bushidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One note about Bushidokan that may make it less appealing to children is that it is a system that advances you very slowly through their ranking system. (compatatively) you don't meet Bushidokan blackbelts who have been training in the system for just two or three years. Every rank (including your white belt) is earned and usually earned only after a whole lot of hard work. I have had classes in TKD from 4 schools, I have trained with Krav Maga fighters and I have had 2 personal boxing instructors. I've met 5 of Kansas City's Bushidokan black belts. I would honestly rather train under and be cornered by ANY one of them for an MMA fight or in preperation for a street fight than any of my previous instructors.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 11:30pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having been in the KC area for quite a few years, I have been around many of the Bushidokan guys. Jim Harrison, himself, is a bad dude. Along with Steve Mackey and some of the Bushidokan black belts. These guys have kicked the crap out of some pretty tough guys in the kickboxing community.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234