Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 6:59pm

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watching the fight objectively, I have to say that Hunt edged out a win with everything equal. HOWEVER, everything was not equal. With the weight point advantage to Silva and the Yellow card there is NO F***** WAY Hunt won that fight. BS call.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 9:00pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What about Hunt not having time to train for the fight? How long before it was he asked to fight? Certainly didn't have as long as Silva to train for it.

PL

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 9:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva was training for Sakuraba until the card change was announced. That probably consisted of sitting on a beach and sipping dacquiris.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/06/2005 9:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 9:15pm

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, because we all know that training time should have an impact on the decision of the fight. That way, I could go to Pride, not train at all and win the decision. YAY!!! :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 9:52pm

Style: Indi-Yogi-Jitsu! jk, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Currently, I agree with everything that Shumagorath has said.
    Pride is suppossed to account for weight differences. With all things equal, Hunt did possibly edge out a win, but with a SEVENTY LB weight advantage, and given the fight control positionally that silva had, the fact that the damage difference between Hunt and Silva was not all that much (Hunt did have more though), and all the submission attempts that Silva had (Hunt had zero), Hunt should not have won.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 1:41pm

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are all off your fucking rockers. Hunt almost ended this fight twice, in fact the ref should have stopped the fight, IMHO, given the condition of silva on the second and third knockdowns. Silva's one sub attempt of any merit, a kimura, Hunt turned out of. Silva did no damage with his striking on Hunt, and simply waited out the fight when he had the mount on Hunt. The problem is that Hunt nearly ended this fight twice and Silva was never close to KO'ing or subing Hunt. Yes Hunt had a huge weight advantage, but I did not see that as playing a major enough role in this fight to give the fight to Silva. I mean you can't win purely because you are the smaller fighter, and you cant win for merely having a good position. You have to capitalize on your position and you have to kepp bringing the fight to your opponent. My opinions.

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:10pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anybody know how long until the DVD is avaliable?

also, does anybody know who the judges were?

and saku39, did you used to post on the jet li MB?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 8:57pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when did hunt almost end the fight? there was a point when silva had hunt in his guard and hunt (being a very large strong man) became hard to control, but all i saw from hunt were hey makers, nothing of substance. On the other hand i never saw anything from silva either though i believe silva to be a much better fighter.....hunt is just some fat guy, he didnt really display any skill that i or anyone should find impressive.

why did silva lose? well the sun even shines on a dogs ass somedays...maybe it was just one of those days for silva, he had every oppertunity to start pounding hunt from the mount and chose not to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 6:05am

Style: Jacksons Gaidojitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just watched the fight

I just got done watching the fight (silva has it on his website) and i felt that Hunt won the fight. I would have given it a draw if the weight was considered a factor in the end decision.

I thought that Hunt dominated standing. Silva had the takedowns but didnt do **** all on the ground. He kept throwing conservative small punches even when he was in the mount. Even his sub attempts were all nullified.

Plus of course there was the flying butt smash that Hunt used. As soon as that happened he should have automatically won the fight anyway.

CLM
    Last edited by C.L.M; 1/09/2005 5:46am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 12:31pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva didn't hurt Hunt at all, PERIOD! Hunt was never really in danger. The mount isn't that important anymore in mma. It makes people so easy to turn. Especially if the on guy top wants to G'n'P. He should have taken side control and kneed. On the ground Hunt was in trouble only once, with that crappy keylock attempt. Looked like silva was setting up for an armbar the way he stayed in the mount. Now if you factor in the weight advantage maybe it whould have been a draw. Kondo I think desevred a draw also but Dan poured it on a bit near the end where it counts in pride. Oh yeah Where were these haymakers from hunt? They looked like hooks to me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast