Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Step back let a REAL Prowrestling fan through!!!

>Tony Halme (the only Westerner I know who went from pro wrestling to MMA, not vice versa): 0-2-0

>Ken Shamrock was a MMA turned prowrestler (and sometimes he ventures back and foth)

WRONG!!! Ken Shamrock was a Prowrestler before he went MMA he later RETURNED to Prowrestling and still wrestles in HWA with is owned by WWE.

Correct Sakuraba is a Prowrestler also (PRORESU as it is mostly spelled and pronounced in Japanese)

Now if you think that since the matches are choreographed (mostly in Mainstream some Indies still let the fur fly) that they are NOT athletic you would be WRONG. The bumps, throws, etc are REAL. They don't FAKE going throw a table. The training they got through is grueling (Stu Hart's DUNGEON is one of the best) Many Japanese Gyms train their wrestlers in MA such as the Takada Dojo. These guys ARE tough.

Now most Prowreslters that come up have cut their teeth in Japan where they are more fanatical than Americans. The PANCRASE and Shoot events came from PRORESU and several westeners have tried their hand in that. (Although this is were many decide to go for more money and stay in Prowrestling than to be a fighter)

But by all means if you think Prowrestlers are pushovers go up and slap the Undertaker!!!!

Oh and when Angle and Brock met the first thing Angle did was challenge him to a match. Angle would kick his ass!!!! Look for him to take more gold in the next olympics.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Titan

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be very interesting to see Brock Lesner fight, I think he would do very well.

----------------------------------------------------------
    The story of a woman on the morning of a war,
    Remind me if you will exactly what we're fighting for.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    2/13/2003 8:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a few real champion wrestlers in the wwe, so they would fair the best.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123