Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 8:06am

Style: Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    these people may or may not be good martial artists, but I call bullshit on their lineage and on the name of their style

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 10:48pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter H.
    Not a hoax, but there was a Soke Rogers who trained with Dr. Rod the fraud, but I undrestand he died in 2001. I am warry of anyone who wears their belt outside of their hakam though.
    i've seen it done in japan. i think it's gay, but i've seen it done

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 11:20pm

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks somewhat suspect to me. I am not familiar with his history or lineage, but I have only been training a short while. I will ask my sensei if he is familiar with it.

It is also my understanding that Katsuyuki Kondo is the recognized head of Daito Ryu.
    Last edited by Kinzei; 1/04/2005 11:26pm at .

Martial Arts Researcher

Posted On:
    1/13/2005 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Research & Work

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have major problems with Williams and his lineage. Read:

[....]Of The Minamoto and Aizu clan Samurai which can trace its ancestry back to the
    emperor Senwa Tenno
    In 850AD
    The Daito Ryu Was Inherited by soemon Takeda1853
    Who passed it on to
    Tanomo Saigo
    Who in turn passed it on to his son
    Shiro Saigo
    Who passed it on to
    Yamashita Houei
    He passed it on to
    Lin Po
    Who passed it to
    Pok Shen
    Who passed it to the currant head of Family
    Gunshi John Williams [...]

There is NO, absolutely NO supporting evidence for the teacher Williams calls Pok Shen, who he says taught him in a garage for a few years before moving. Nor for Lin Po.

John Williams thus far has NOT shown any photos or scrolls from Pok Shen (or anything else to show the man ever existed for that matter!) which suggest his claims might be legitimate. Where he learned his DR from, I can only guess. Why the rest of the Aikido/Daito-ryu establishment is treating this with kid gloves is anybody's guess.

Williams at one time had a close relationship to Rod Sacharnoski, and I believe was/is also affiliated with George Parulski. BOTH of these men have backgrounds which (according to my searches tus far) lead nowhere.

There has also been some good-humored discussion over William's use of te term "gunshi".

Have a Groovey Day,

M.C. Busman

**** you math class

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the points seem to be covered, so I'll throw a question out;

Why the **** does the name of a ju jutsu style have the word for "longsword" in it?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    1/14/2005 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent work people. However, this should be in Bullshido General Population, since this becoming more of a fraud exposure than actual historical discussion.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 10:33am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bumping this thread for reference.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    3/22/2005 11:00am

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hmm

This aki jujutsu stuf seems kind of weird I wonder if anyone has trained in it? If so could you post your feelings about it, especially if you have trained with the guy who apparently awarded himself his certificates?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 4:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root View Post

Below Is Soke Rogers Menkyos And Kyojudairi teaching licence's

[/size]
    Looking closer at the certificate I think you will find it is an affiliations certificate for Prof Rogers and his style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 4:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt View Post
    This aki jujutsu stuf seems kind of weird I wonder if anyone has trained in it? If so could you post your feelings about it, especially if you have trained with the guy who apparently awarded himself his certificates?
    I train Zen Ha Kenpo under Prof Rogers. We mainly study classical Jiu-Jutsu but do have seesions specifically covering the aiki side. The style in general includes alot of pressure points which we use to enhnace a technique from the traditional entries seen in Jiu-Jutsu.

Prof Rogers is an excellent instructor and certainly the best I have trained with. It is good to be part of a living art that is continuelly developing. He is constantly striving to make techniques more efficient buy his continueing study in Martial Arts modefying techniques where required.

I feel he is a credibal instructor as firstly all his certificates are up and present and certified by the BJJA GB. This is backed up by his experiances as a Para and Spec Op with the British Army where he has brought real world experiance to his art. Also the success of the fighter from his school shows his ability as a coach with the team having great success in both traditional and ground fighting competions in the UK. The MMA team are also looking promising with a few wins under there belt but this is still early days.

Hope this helps. There are plenty of videos and pictures from training on the schools website and youtube if you would like to see more.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12