Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 10:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course. Yeah hard liquor unless it's mixed with something tastes like rubbing alcohol (Yes I know what Isoproply alcohol tastes like, I blow fire :-) Some girls I know a while back were taking shots of Bombay Sapphire. I was hoping they'd get alcohol poisioning and stop taking up space on this planet.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual_mantis
    When I was in college I would get **** faced 4 nights a week. At least two of those nights I would end up puking my guts out. having blacks outs was a regular thing for me. That was 15 years ago.

Once I was out of the college environment I didn't drink as much and today I can't even remember the last bit of alchohol that i had.

So there are two reasons why my drinking habits changed. 1. My environment changed, as well as the people that I surrounded myself with. AND 2. I really just got tired of being hung over. When you're hung over you can't do the things that you want to do. Being hung over sucks.

Anyway, that's my story. Hope it helps.
    you=me

I just made it through a year of bachelor parties and wedding receptions for all those said college friends. Man my tolerance has dropped.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 10:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Some girls I know a while back were taking shots of Bombay Sapphire. I was hoping they'd get alcohol poisioning and stop taking up space on this planet.
    :crybaby2:
    I love Bombay Sapphire and tonic.

Slay them.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 10:22pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's through some science on the matter:

http://www.mentalhealthchannel.net/a...iagnosis.shtml

Substance Abuse:

A maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by one (or more) of the following, occurring within a 12-month period:

* recurrent substance use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, home (e.g., repeated absences or poor work performance related to substance use; substance-related absences, suspensions, or expulsions from school; neglect of children or household)

* recurrent substance use in situations in which it is physically hazardous (e.g., driving an automobile or operating a machine when impaired by substance use)
    recurrent substance-related legal problems (e.g., arrests for substance-related disorderly conduct)

* continued substance use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of the substance (e.g., arguments with spouse about consequences of intoxication, physical fights)

* The symptoms have never met the criteria for Substance Dependence for this class of substances.
    [DSM-IV, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, ed. 4. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association (AMA). 1994.]

=============

DSM-IV defines dependence as:

A maladaptive pattern of substance use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by three (or more) of the following, occurring at any time in the same 12-month period:

* tolerance, as defined by either of the following:
    *** a need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect
    *** markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of substance
    withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:

* the characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance
    *** the same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms

* the substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended

* there is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use

*a great deal of time is spent in activities to obtain the substance, use the substance, or recover from its effects

* important social, occupational or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use

* the substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance (e.g., continued drinking despite recognition that an ulcer was made worse by alcohol consumption)

[DSM-IV, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, ed. 4. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association (AMA). 1994.]

More info @ the link, and better formatting.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're Slain. I showcased the lead one on the roof of my apt building as I took her head off with my father's broken sword. :XXknight:

I like gin alot, it's alot cleaner tasting than most other liquors. I like Tom Collins' quite a bit.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 4:09am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah shots by yourself is way bad. ICY is an idiot so his opinion on anything goes out the window.
    Were these people taking shots of bombay less than legal age? Call it a hunch.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 6:23am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need/want alcohol to handle interacting with other people, that's not really any better or worse than drinking alone. Frequency of drinking is one issue, choosing how many people will be around when you drink is another.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 8:25pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tonight I went out and had one beer and one gin and tonic... and one beer (which tasted like swill, I'm never buying 3.5% beer again, ever) when I got home. I actually manged to leave the bar at one a.m. I haven't even touched the bottle of wine which has been standing in my cupboard for three whole days. This shows that all you need is some good ol' fashined self loathing to quit your bad habits!
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456