Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2005 11:51pm

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    After a recent incident I quit drinking Bacardi 151 totally. I used to drink that **** straight out of the bottle but for some reason when I only drink Bacardi 151, my personality changes very quickly and I become downright fucking mean(Yes, meaner than I am sober). I'll just stick to whiskey and thinderbord from now on.
    It could have SOMETHING to do with the 75% alcohol content, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong :wink:

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:07am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    And my other favorite, Johnnie Walker Blue Label.

[

At 200 bucks a bottle, GODDAMN THAT ****'S SMOOTH!

You're fucking kidding, right? Added a zero or summit?

Maker's Mark knocked me on my ass every time I popped a shot, and that was a $25 a bottle privilege there.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:16am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, you might be able to find it in some states for $150.00 a bottle but the last time I bought it, it was in Georgia for 200 smackers. You can usually find nips or blue for around $15 a pop.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    It could have SOMETHING to do with the 75% alcohol content, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong :wink:
    Yup, that'd be it. I reckon you're supposed to mix that **** with something but I've never been partial to mixing hard liquor with other drinks

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:22am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be it known from this day forth that Hawkeye's 1000th post proclaimed the most wisest of wisdoms that he prefers his hard booze as a solo pastime.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    word. 123456

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    So I'm sitting here in front of the comp at 1 a.m., sipping my third gin and tonic for the evening, and I think I might have a slight drinking problem. This is what I did this week:

Monday: Watched old Soprano episodes with a couple of old friends. Had four glasses of red wine during three episodes. Felt no effects at all (I weigh 80 kilos, which I think is about 170 lbs).

Wednsday: Helped a friend run some errands during the day. Around six I suggest we go over to my place and have som gin and tonics. We each have four pretty strong ones. I feel no effect. At ten we go to a bar, and have five beers each. I got slightly tipsy.

New Years Eve: Promise myself to NOT drink too much, because I have to study the next day. End result: around six gin and tonics, and at least a bottle and a half of red wine, plus assorted drinks given to me during the evening by the hosts. I became pretty drunk, but not too bad, but was pretty much knocked out the entire next day due to lack of sleep and a hang over.

The above was slightly worse than a normal week, but not by too much. I can't remember when I last made it a whole week without drinking myself to at least some level of intoxication. I regularly drink by myself, and I've also realized that I only have one friend whom I don't almost always drink with while hanging out. I can also easliy outdrink everyone I know, regardless of their size.

Right now, I don't think my drinking is not having too much of a negative side effect on my life (I'm a fairly well performing student at my university, and I get up to BJJ-class every saturday at eleven regardless of what I did the previous evening), but from what I hear people telling me it might only be a matter of time. It seems I find myself drinking on many nights where I had no intention to.

So what I'm looking for is advice on how to moderate my drinking from people who either quit completely or at least got their consumption under control. I've tried checking out different web sites on the issue, but they aren't really helping.
    I will never stop drinking, I know that. I just love alcoholic beverages and cocktails too much, but at least I could get that **** under a little bit more control.
    Not much of a boozer, but I do deal with a lot of them, so here's my .02:

First off, who ever said the first step is recognizing you have a problem was 100% correct.

Second, and more difficult, is what part of your life, or life in general do you find boring/depressing/stressful? Drinking to excess is ALWAYS an escape in my opinion. Figure out what you're trying to escape, eliminate THAT and the drinking will disappear, too.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah as soon as I can eliminate my flat mates, my parents, my female's parents, my student loans, my lack of a job I'll stop drinking.. oh wait a second.. I don't. I'll have an occassionall JWB (Black, if you think I can afford blue you're insane) with my cigars and my usual daily glass of wine which I've had ever since I was around 8. I went nuts my first semester in college. I was drinking 4-5 nights a week, getting blazed out of my mind, etc. After the first semester stopped, I just stopped caring. Getting drunk didn't achieve what I wanted it to. People didn't like me any better, life wasn't any easier, and beautiful, intelligent and careerminded girls weren't banging down my door to be with me. Taking something to ease the pain, just makes the pain that much worse when you come back to reality. My situation as I see it right now sucks, but rather than spend money on pills, pot or drinks, I spend it on investing books, stocks, language resources, etc. We can't let life put us face down in the mud. We have to get up, give life the double leg takedown and GnP it, till it gives us what we want. :angry4:
    Last edited by Equipoise; 1/03/2005 12:55am at .

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:47am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    So I'm sitting here in front of the comp at 1 a.m., sipping my third gin and tonic for the evening...
    I like the way you think.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 7:11pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    acupuncture detox has been found to be incredibly effective in drug rehab programs. many pilot programs have been done and the results are amazing, when acupuncture is COMBINED with counseling and other modalities. here in balmy seattle we have detox acupuncture shifts at to treat heroine addiction. in addition, i have treated several people on "quit smoking" programs.

acupuncture is more effective when combined with therapy, and it would be unethical to suggest that acupuncture alone can cure a serious drug problem. however, it might help to look up an acupunturist in your area. you can do so at: www.nccaom.org. when contacting an acupuncturist, ask if they have taken the NADA certification class, which teaches acupuncture detox and has a clinic requirement (so you are sure to get someone who has actually treated patients as opposed to just reading about it).
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast