Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD's Avatar

You are in a lot of trouble.

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Twirling Foot Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uno always has a good hair-doo. i really respect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Bleep bleep blip bloop

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I thinks it's just sad that Royce fought Akebono. Akebono is not a fighter. WTF is going on?
    Neither is Royce.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 5:30pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Zombie choke!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 7:06pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 7:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    About what I expected to see...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 7:43pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Super awesome. Thanks.

It looks like Royce was setting up an omoplata, but realized "There is no way I am going to be move this guy" while trying to get it, so he switches to a cranking the arm with his hands. Like I guessed before, it looks like a combo omolata-armbar medley, attacking both the shoulder and eblow, with some awkward positioning and manual cranking.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 10:26pm

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sherdog lists Royce's win over Akebono as "Submission (Wrist Lock)". What?

OK, after rewatching the submission and examing the photos, Royce does start cranking his wrist. It's hard to tell in the photo, and the ref jumps in the way in the video, but Royce does attack it.

Imagine that, defeating a 484 lbs. man with a wrist lock...
    Last edited by Aesopian; 12/31/2004 10:30pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 10:51pm

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The following rather GLOWING description details Royce submission:

Akebono ended up on top, but did not have a favorable mount. As Akebono shifted his weight in an attempt to reassert himself, Gracie slowly began to squirm for position. He first got a leg up, then commenced to work his magic. Methodically, the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu master delved, deeply, into the blubbering mass atop him, finally extracting an arm. Then, with consummate skill, he worked a wrist lock. Poor Akebono began to wince in pain, and with no chance of escaping, had no choice but to submit.
    Thanks to valeriyk and his post: http://bullshido.net/forums/showthre...359#post527359

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 11:26pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 5:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, having watched the entire show last night, I gotta tell you, it sucked HARD and I hope the Pride show is better.

The night was marred by a recurring theme - people being completely clueless about grappling.

Abidi versus ologun
    . What the hell was this... A bug eyed freak versus a lazy ass french kickboxer. After a takedown that looked almost accidentally, both fighters played an enthralling game of 'who can grab and hold on for dear life the longest'. Minutes felt like hours as both fighters attempted to do as little as possible. In a brief moment of excitement, ologun punched abidi. It was riveting.

Opening Fight - The Predator defeated Kristof "The Phoenix" Midoux. - Didnt see this.

1. MMA Rules (with rope escapes) - Yoshihiro Akiyama defeated Frans Botha in the 1st round with an arm-lock. This was a good one. Yoshihiro looks to be quite the bad ass and is not only a champion judo player but a guy who likes to punch people's heads in. He won with a brilliantly executed armbar from the mount. This guy will be back to fight again, guaranteed.

3. MMA Rules: Yoshihiro Nakao defeated Don Frye by judges' decision. All mat work. This wasn't shown on the broadcast unfortunately.

4. K-1 rules: Ray Sefo defeated Gary "Big Daddy" Goodridge in 24 seconds of the 1st round by TKO. This was pretty good but I think it's time for Gary Goodridge to retire for the 58th time. And not come back. Sweet knockout from Sefo, uppercut followed by hook, right on the chin each time.

5. Musashi defeated Sean O'Haire early in the 2nd round by TKO. This guy o'haire is what I would look like in K-1... terrible. After screaming myself hoarse at the TV for musashi to actually do something, I think he heard me and broke from tradition by actually throwing the odd punch and kick. He did this a few times and the other guy fell over.

6. K-1 Rules: Masato (Kobayashi) defeated Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto by judges' decision. Wicked fight, although the height difference saw Masato's leg kicks pounding Kid in the nuts more than once. The whole fight stopped for a few minutes after a particularly nasty round kick directly in the knackers. I don't like Kid that much, he is very cocky and has been a bad sportsman in most of his matches. It was nice to see him so totally outclassed as Masato picked him off with jabs and kicks. However, if they fight MMA, Masato will lose, of course.

7. Kazuyuki Fujita defeated Karam Ibrahim in the first round by KO from a big hook. Ibrahim was a little weird, and Fujita spanked him. Excellent. Yes, Ruas is in his corner and has been for a while?

8. Bob Sapp and Jerome Le Banner Yuk! Poor Bob Sapp, what is he still doing fighting? He has no fighting spirit... LeBanner punded on him almost at will with Sapp cowering like a .. big cowering thing.

9. Royce Gracie defeated Akebono in the first round by submission. It looked to me like an omoplata which didn't work, followed by Royce fiddling around with Akebono's wrist until Akebono said 'OUCH!'.

Goddamit! When is K-1 going to learn to stop putting useless weirdos in their shows!!!
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123