Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 3:24pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    I know, I just thought it was funny.
    A noobier bjj noob than I was commenting on the general (and my) lack of appreciation of bjj strategy.

Nothing inherently wrong, just funny.

I think I was saved the stage because although with a few months of bjj I went and dismantled a mcdojo guy I soon had my ass kicked by a 'freestyle' ex-con profighter that has never had any rank anywhere. A major flaw in your training becomes apparent when you are getting creamed while you've got a guy in your guard.

More of my training mates need that experience too.
    Pride has kept me from posting this in the Ralek forum.

Yeah, I was totally wrong, and Dochter (but NOT KFDW) was correct. Ralek should have totally clowned that guy. As it was, he managed to win, but he should have been a lot better. I don't even train with a Gracie, so I don't know why I was defending them so vehemently. I guess I got caught up in the moment, and hell, I like a good debate. Sue me.

*Tips hat to Dochter, and eats a BIG slice of humble pie.*

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your post doesn't make any sense, what does pride have to do with it?

Don't worry, you'll soon find that the rumored absolute killing ability of blue belts is widely exagerated by dilution of ranks too. That was a dissapointment.

You will (or should) always be able to manhandle most people on the ground though. That's nice and pretty generally applicable.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 4:02pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't do BJJ, BJJ is for sissies anyway. I do kung-fu and kung-fu can beat everything.

Dochtor's my witness too, he's been to my school. I do Kung-fu.....

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 4:05pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As my sister said at dinner last week: "BJJ is useless on broken glass and lava. That is where kung-fu steps in."

Yes, she really said that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 5:55pm

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochter
    Your post doesn't make any sense, what does pride have to do with it?

Don't worry, you'll soon find that the rumored absolute killing ability of blue belts is widely exagerated by dilution of ranks too. That was a dissapointment.

You will (or should) always be able to manhandle most people on the ground though. That's nice and pretty generally applicable.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

Duh. Pride in the sense that I come from a family of lawyers, and I have grown up around arguing, and my dad has given me private and group lessons in argumentation and general ass-holery.

So far I've been very impressed with the killing ability of the blue belts at my academy (and Pedro Sauer's academy -- damn those guys are good!).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 7:15am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    As my sister said at dinner last week: "BJJ is useless on broken glass and lava. That is where kung-fu steps in."

Yes, she really said that.
    I think you've just made your sister a dating-target for every sarcasm-loving Bullshidoka.

Also: Bwaha!
    :wav:

Posted On:
    7/27/2011 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Erik Paulson's CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a victim of a Mcdojo, the school had three black belts age 8-12 and a 15 year old 3rd Degree black belt and of course the school was ATA. Thankfully I was able to get out fast and I used this site to learn to avoid Mcdojos. I am new to the martial arts but I found a new school that I think is pretty good, if you have any advice or if you think the school does not look legitimate please let me know. Here is the site, thanks for your time.

http://www.worldmartialartsjax.com/
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123