Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 10:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4 points is when they are on their hand and knees I believe.
    Last edited by chaosexmachina; 1/03/2005 10:41pm at .
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 4:22pm

Style: Indi-Yogi-Jitsu! jk, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    4 points is when they are on their hand and knees I believe.
    yes, it just means that if the oppossing fighter is on all fours, and you are standing, you can feel free to knee, punch or kick your opponent. They had changed the rule earlier to no 4-point, but 3-point was okay. I guess they changed it back for this pride.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 4:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never cared much for Gardner, I always saw his victory over Karelin as a fluke.
    But he did great, I tip my groin cup to the man.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2005 4:42pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a link to an article on Gardner's Olympic upset:

http://apse.dallasnews.com/contest/2...mer.first.html

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/06/2005 6:36am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright...

Gardner (Man, I had no idea he was THAT big) just stood there like a retard with his hands in front of his face. Yes, it was the smart game to play, but that was by far one of the most boring fights I've ever seen. Yoshida didn't even try to do anything when he had Rulon in his guard. Both of them lost this fight.

I think Wandy and Hunt was a draw, but I'd give it to wandy because of the size difference. It was great seeing Hunt's performance though, and I think PRIDE just got itself a future heavyweight star.

Nog vs Fedor was pretty much what I thought it would be. Nog has to improve his takedowns, or his time will be over. Most fighters have such a good submission defence now that won't be able to finish them from his back anymore. Fedor showed some good striking.

Best match goes to Pulver vs Gomi. Just... wow. They've both become two of my favorites, and I'll be watching the lightweight divsion closely from now on.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 12:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've been a big fan of both pulver and gomi for a while... i must admit that being 5'7" and 145# myself, it's nice to see guys my size in the ring, the speed of their striking was inspirational.

i thought that pulver vs. gomi was one of the best fights i have ever seen in MMA, ever, and really hope that pride will showcase more lightweight fighters. i also hope that pulver gets to fight in pride again, i really like his style.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 8:41pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that Rulon did a fantastic job. He is big, he is heavy, but he is fast and STRONG. He never gets tired and never gets excited. He has been in so many pressure-cooker matches that he can stay sharp no matter what the circumstances.

Last summer he was an Olympic Wrestler...in like what, six months he has already got a solid boxing foundation and the best takedown defense MMA has ever seen. I see a very bright future for Rulon in MMA if he keeps training and develops some confidence in his skills.

He could've knocked Yoshida out if he had let his hands go a bit. I am very excited to see him develop.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 1:35pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumagorath
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

As for Silva vs. Hunt, Vanderlei lost to Tito by "decision" and that was without a 30kg weight difference. I don't think anyone should be too upset about Vanderlei's first loss in Pride.

are you saying that tito had 30kg on vand or the other way around, either way your wrong.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read it again. I said Vanderlei lost that decision WITHOUT a weight difference and after he had Tito running away from him. He's been jobbed worse before.

Posted On:
    1/09/2005 9:04pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumagorath
    Read it again. I said Vanderlei lost that decision WITHOUT a weight difference and after he had Tito running away from him. He's been jobbed worse before.
    opps

but im not sure about the bad decision against tito, but the hunt desicion is crazy. remember herring vs belfort basically same type of matchup herring didnt get a yellow he even domenated the fight pretty much. there was no knees on the ground or it would have been a tko for herring and they gave belfort the desicion basically on the fact that there was such a big wieght disadvantage.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345