Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Genius

Posted On:
    1/01/2005 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not a choke if it's crushing his jaw, but it still may be a submission. Some people won't submit to that though.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Didn't so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards

Posted On:
    1/01/2005 9:54pm

Style: Ex-TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the purples over here decided not to tap to that, and he got his jaw dislocated as a reward.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/02/2005 12:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine
    1 Dont push the back of the head forward, push the back of the NECK forward.
    2 take a deep breath expanding your chest.
    3 dont put your palm on the back of his neck, put the back of your hand there.l
    4 if you got hooks ARCH, throwing your feet back and chest in.

And another fine option is to not use the method where your elbows go together, but to slide the elbow on the arm in front of his neck BACK, your other hand pulls his head across you, your forearm bone slices into his trachea.
    This gets a quicker tap alot, it gets a kinda spasm tap from the sudden throat crush.In this method think about your shoulder blades coming together.
    Not saying the above stuff is the only way.Just stuff I like to think about.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Strong Machine again.

I like the clear simple tips in the first half of this post but I also am thankful for the second part. That is how I have always done my RNC. Occasionally I get people to tap with the way everyone was describing but not very quickly and was shying away from this topic because it seemed like I was doing it "wrong" or at least unorthodox. It may be because I have such skinny arms and a hollwo chest but squeezing my elbows together of inhaling doesn't seem to do a damn thing. But then one day I finnaly discovered that if I just try and straighten out the arm that is applying pressure behind the victims head I get a kind of cool scissors action happening and it seems to tighten everything up really effortlessly.

I can't tell for sure but the angle doesn't seem right for an air choke but it sometimes does feel like I'm getting a "panic tap". I guess that seems more likely from a trachea choke but getting both arteries clamped down on together can be pretty scary too if it happens to suddenly. I dunno. :icon_scra
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2005 1:55am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should have put him to sleep for a little bit for banging your head on the wall.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 11:31am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some interesting research into hadaka-jime:

Hadakajime - Air or Blood Choke?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    1/03/2005 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knock him out first, then apply the choke, much faster this way.

Professional Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 12:59am

supporting member
     Style: Pro-Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " That is how I have always done my RNC. Occasionally I get people to tap with the way everyone was describing but not very quickly and was shying away from this topic because it seemed like I was doing it "wrong" or at least unorthodox. It may be because I have such skinny arms and a hollwo chest but squeezing my elbows together of inhaling doesn't seem to do a damn thing"

I first learned from a bad teacher.He showed what little he knew and we just rolled around like fools cranking whatever limb happened by.(one time in a footlock war I actually cranked my own ankle by accident).
    Anyways, without ever learning how to do the RNC I would lock it on tight and seperate my elbows, rather than bring them together.
    Later much better grapplers than I told me I was wrong.
    But after years of trial and error I feel the key is to not just squeeze without thinking about the elbows by rather to either bring the elbows together or apart.Both work well.

In more into detail let me say at my club the guys with long skinny arms seem to do better with what I call the "slide method" crushing his windpipe from one side to the other.Never straight on, where he can turn his head to defend.
    As I said, both work fine.But when I get the back of skilled guys they tend to get low.In other words the back of their head is more in front of my chest than my face.With this angle it's hard to use the restricting bloodflow method.But the trachea slice still works great.Of course we don't wanna kill people but this usually gets a kind of spasm tap(like a wristlock) where a guy involuntarily taps before he gets injured.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345