Posted On:
    12/31/2004 12:33am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, another thing, if you pull him down and get your hooks in again, keep your head tight and close to his, but kind of pull him apart, that is your hooks are on the insides of his thighs there, lay back, squeeze the elbows together, push the head forward, and push your hip up through his back like you're bridging. Basically you're pulling his head away from his shouders, helps to slip your arms tighter up under his chin and around the neck.

as for triangling the body..... they need to be skinny and you need to have long legs for that... plus it can go wrong and you end up ankle-locked- though it doesn't sound like this guy would have any idea how to do that, hell you could probably cross your legs if you wanted to.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's this pressure point business? And did I catch that you are trying to stop his breathing, as in making this a wind choke, not a blood choke?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 12:37am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RNC that person like you would hug them. Hug them like you love them. RNC them close to you, breathe when you do it, RNC them like you missed them while they were gone.

RNC them like you would hug your favorite relative.

When I say RNC like hugging. Think of the way you hug, pulling your elbows together, pulling them in, and using your whole body. Don't put your head back, lean it closer to them.

Hug them like you love them.
    I bet at family reunions, everyone has their back to a wall to make sure Anthony doesn't "hug em like he missed em."

"Anthony, did you choke out your uncle again?"

"No, he had too much peppermint schnapps."

"You say that EVERY time! The last time, you even poured Listerine on him for realism! Stop choking out your relatives!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 12:40am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    I bet at family reunions, everyone has their back to a wall to make sure Anthony doesn't "hug em like he missed em."

"Anthony, did you choke out your uncle again?"

"No, he had too much peppermint schnapps."

"You say that EVERY time! The last time, you even poured Listerine on him for realism! Stop choking out your relatives!"

LOL, you'd be surprised how much more effective the RNC is when done with love!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:00am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does everyone try to bring the elbows together?

I learned it that way first, but I got taught a version where you actually spread the elbows and I think it works better. The choke is just as good or better and you don't exhaust the arms at all.

set it up the same way, grab the shoulder with the choking arm and put the other palm on the back of the guys head/neck. Now puff your chest and retract your shoulders, while putting pressure on the back of the head with the other hand.
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:05am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a variation I do where you kind of turn- I suppose if I were to really put it into use on someone it would be a neck breaker, bu it involves getting out from underneath while maintaining that RNC grip, kind of shifting the elbows around the shoulder like cogs on gears and walking around to side control and then mount.... so yeah that would be a bad thing to do and very hard to explain.

never mind.

Genius

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just flex my bicept and it taps people out. The closed fist method is so that people can't try to grab your fingers, at least that's what I was taught at a Pedro Sauer seminar.

Is the crook of your elbow at the opponent's adams apple? It should be.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His chin should be in the crook of your elbow, and your forearm bone should be cutting into the side of his neck. Do you understand what you are trying to do with a choke?

Genius

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not his chin, his adam's apple. If the chin is in there, then you're just squeezing the crap out of his jaw.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast