Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hamstring Injury?

Hi all,

Just after some advice - I have been having a problem with pain in the upper left leg where (I think) the hamstring attaches to the bone. I have assumed that it has been a hamstring tear, but am not so sure now that I have been investigating on physiotherapy sites.

Basically, I have no symptoms of usual hamstring pain - no swelling, bruising, difficulties running or extending knee. The only problem I have is in kicking (either leg) but especially where the left leg is the supporting leg - height is severely limited due to pain.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am too tired and too drunk to make a detailed post on this right now. But keep this thread active and I'll get to it tomorrow.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux_777
    Hi all,

Just after some advice - I have been having a problem with pain in the upper left leg where (I think) the hamstring attaches to the bone. I have assumed that it has been a hamstring tear, but am not so sure now that I have been investigating on physiotherapy sites.

Basically, I have no symptoms of usual hamstring pain - no swelling, bruising, difficulties running or extending knee. The only problem I have is in kicking (either leg) but especially where the left leg is the supporting leg - height is severely limited due to pain.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd
    Pain can be caused by various things.

You could've "popped" your hamsting rather than pulled it. This means you put enough tension on the muscle that some of the fibers tore( or fringed), but not all of them, maybe not even very many of them since you can walk fine, etc. It's like taking an elastic band, and pulling it tight really fast, some of the pieces of elastic will fringe, the same with your muscles.

But that's just my first assumption of what could've happened.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Reikon describes is commonly referred to as pulling a muscle..

- The Wastrel

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GO TO A DOCTOR IF YOUR LIMBS DON'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS KTHX

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about the flexibility of the muscle? I think I pulled a muscle almost six months ago when I was sparring manchuria, and it hasn't regained full flexibility. Actually, it's still pretty tight. Very tight.

Apart from that it's fine, so I haven't run screaming to a doctor.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    What Reikon describes is commonly referred to as pulling a muscle..
    I define "pulling" a muscle as a complete or partial tear..and it hurts like a bitch...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. I'm giving the leg a good rest and about to start some light stretching....... I'm hoping against hope that the situation will improve as I am due to go for my 1st dan grading in two months or so....bugger....

Todd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux_777
    Hi all,

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd
    Hm. . .R.I.C.E. therapy (rest, ice, compress, elevate). Take a little time off, carefully returning to full activity. Not sure what to think, it could be a small tear, but it could also be more. See a doctor.

`~/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's hamstring cancer.

- The Wastrel

Page 1 of 2 12 Last