Taking a break

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 6:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Oh? So we are using our own objective viewpoint to define these terms you use?
    i think using your own subjective viewpoint would be more accurate. If you start trying to be objective, then there will be people who wont fit into the same categorisation due to physical anomalies. Also, I really couldn't be arsed trying to work out an objective framework.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 7:18am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6'2 bit over 75kg I've lost about 5 kilos over the last 3 months ;(.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 9:21am

Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6'3 183 with 6% bodyfat. I would like to be back to 196 with 5% bodyfat but when I was that size my cardio was an absolute joke. Oh well most people think I weigh around 200 anyway.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    177cm, or 5'10, at 68.5 kgs, or 151 pounds. I'm at a light to medium build. Another 10 kilos of muscle would do me.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 10:37am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5'11" 195 lb. I would estimate my bodyfat percentage to be about 15-18%

I put slightly overweight.

I lift heavy and consider myself to be strong (bench 300, dead lift 415), but I am a mesomorph with a real strong endomorph lean, so I've got som goo around the mid-section (damn adipose tissue!) that I would love to get rid of. I just started that whole "5 meals a day, but smaller ones," thing. Every seems to agree that that will help my metabloism and appetite. I would love to cut 10 lbs of goo off my gut, but to be completely honest, I think I am in pretty good shape.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6'0" 199.5 lbs.

I wish I could get back to 175 but I noticed that as I get older I just got heavier. I not in any worse shape, I'm just heavier. go figure.

Chemist

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6'0" 226 lbs

According to the BMI, I'm way over so I consider myself very overweight. Six months ago when doing karate I was good at 215, but now since quitting karate and starting judo I've gained. I'm currently trying to get back under 220 before Jan 22. I'm pretty sure I can do if I just put down the fork. I need one of those bodyfat meters so I can know what it is, I have no idea what my body fat is.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 2:49pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 5'11" and around 145lbs. I'd say I'm slightly underweight. Working on it, though. ;)

PL

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The good thing about losing weight to be 365 is that you are not subjectively overweight.

I am not merely obese, I am objectively obese. :D

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 3:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHarber
    i think using your own subjective viewpoint would be more accurate. If you start trying to be objective, then there will be people who wont fit into the same categorisation due to physical anomalies. Also, I really couldn't be arsed trying to work out an objective framework.
    Yeah....
    My apologies, don't think I was paying attention to what I was typing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    6'0" 226 lbs

According to the BMI, I'm way over so I consider myself very overweight. Six months ago when doing karate I was good at 215, but now since quitting karate and starting judo I've gained. I'm currently trying to get back under 220 before Jan 22. I'm pretty sure I can do if I just put down the fork. I need one of those bodyfat meters so I can know what it is, I have no idea what my body fat is.
    Ignore what BMI tells you.
    It doesn't take in BF%, or tell you if you are healthy.
    It will show body weight proportion to heart stress, and lots of other things I read in the past and have no forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    6'0" 199.5 lbs.

I wish I could get back to 175 but I noticed that as I get older I just got heavier. I not in any worse shape, I'm just heavier. go figure.
    Go figure?
    As you age you lose testosterone production, and I don't think I have to go into that.
    Your metabolism also slows down, so more exercise is needed to keep the same 'shape.'
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast