Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roids really wont make you much bigger unless you PUMP the ****, thats where it becomes dangerous.

For an average gain of 10lbs to 15lbs your body isn;t negatively affected by it unless you have some kind of reaction. This is why I point out the major difference beyween steroid use and abuse.

If I had to guess I'd say the average fighter injects 1 or 2 ccs a week as opposed to 10 times that for the guys who get huge.

And all the stuff you heard in High School about them killing your body is crap man. You have to be an idiot to put on 30lbs of muscle with the stuff. Thats what people WANT but its obviosuly not the safe thing to do. People do it anyway because something in our culture tells them the risk is worth it.

Rememer that all the best bodybuilders were prescribed steroids legally a while back and never really got fucked up from it because they took care of themselves even though they used it EXTREMELY heavily at the time and gained so much weight I dont even want to guess.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 5:07pm

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there are plenty of other performance enhancers besides steroids. It was only in the last olympics that they were able to detect artificial human growth hormone which has a similar effect.

But yeah, in my opinion every pro MMA fighter is using some sort of enhancer.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 5:48pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Igor brings his "A" game it'll be a war... Silva's chin will either get proven solid, or proven to be glass.

If sloppy Igor shows up... it'll be murder.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Igor was really at his best and at the correct weight I think he could take Silva but I cant remember the last time he was really on.

But hey Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson so I guess anything can happen....
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 8:56pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedeeShaolin
    They do work hard at what they do...they also juice. I dont know what else to tell you. If you want to live in make believe land about this continue to do so, you wont hear any complaints from me.

They fight at the ABSOLUTE TOP of the pro ladder. Some of them juice like a BASTARD and those guys are easy to spot but most of them just juice with Winstrol for increased cardio and Sustanon for increased recovery from training and faster healing from their injuries.

Its easy to spot the guys that ABUSE steroids as opposed to the guys who only use them but the signs are there if you know what to look for.

And why is it a "bitch ass cop out"?

How is saying someone uses steroids a "cop out"?

You dont think Nog used juice in his match with Bob Sapp? You're nuts...

Besides if they told you everyday they took diet pills to increase energy, creatine to promote water retention, weight gainer to help get bigger, protein shakes to help their nutrition, and god knows what other "legal" **** you can stick in your body you wouldn't have a problem with it would you?
    really i dont have a problem a either way. what im saying is your an idiot to say "You dont think Nog used juice in his match with Bob Sapp? You're nuts..." thats a bitch ass cop out, because in your mind its impossible to beat i guy like sapp unless you juice, or its impossible to be so muscular like silva and still be a cardio machine. and since they dont test or they do it ramdomly i assume they dont do it until they either say they do or they get caught. now i know guys in mma have said theyve used or use but like i said your mind just cant picture them being that successful unless they juice because thats how you and the people you know have become sucessful. i mean you act like roids are safer than driving or safer than taking aspirin when all you have to do is look at people like giambi or flex wheeler and the balco scandal to see why there wrong, and you are too. and bond should have a god damn asterisk next to HR record cause people like mantle, H aaron, Maris, Ruth and other did it natural.

really live in your fantasy world of everyone does it so i do to.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 8:57pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    silva will hurt vov, and really vov never been the same since rampage dropped him on his back that fight.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juice or no, I'm glad someone other than Sak is stepping up. Igor is an exciting fighter but he's kind of old at this point. Either way I'm still hugely impressed by how good Pride's cards are. I always look forward to at least two big-name fights. Let's just hope they don't all end in freak accidents like Pride 28.

Sorry if I missed anything in the thread but I'm posting from a handheld. VB formatting is a tad screwy on this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Posted On:
    12/26/2004 10:49pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Igor... old... at 32. :angry2:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 4:58am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rumour now is that it could be Mark Hunt rather than vovchanchyn.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2004 8:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what happened to sakuraba?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast