Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 7:48pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would you even think F. Shamrock took steroids? He doesn't look the part at all of a man who took steroids?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 9:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liek to think he doesn't, but mnay people are convinced he has/does, especially where his fight against Tito Ortiz was concerned...
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shamrock wasn't on 'roids? Words fail me. I think I'll just shake my head a little longer.

Let's see -- he fought in an era and in federations without drug testing and was the most muscular man around; he was a WWF wrestler ... no, no reason to be suspicious. I won't even mention the Ortiz fight.

Come on ... how many guys at the top level of combative sports do you think aren't on the juice? Even John McEnroe said he'd taken steroids.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 10:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hadn't heard that about McEnore. Weird.

It was Ken in the WWF, not Frank.
    Which brother vs Ortiz fight?

PeeDee - what makes you think Frank was on steroids? I am curious, do you have anything more than 'every professional is on steroids'.

--------
    What would happen if a one hand clapper attempted to stop a tree falling in the woods when no one else was around?
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 10:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    supplements definately, but steroids are different

check if he has brests

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finger -- oops, you're right, wrong brother. My face is red and I retract the WWF comment. I stand by the other stuff. (Lucky for me I didn't say anything about the Ortiz fight.)

And yeah, the McEnroe thing surprised me too. I think he was using whatever substance it was to recover quicker from an injury. (The thought of a tennis injury makes me laugh in itself.)

Not specific to MMA, but it seems every time someone has said to me, "No, steroids wouldn't help a competitor in [sport x] because you need [endurance, timing, whatever] instead of just power", within a year someone at the top level of sport x has a positive test.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 8:58pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually both Shamrocks have fought Tito. Frank in UFC 22. Ken in UFC 40. Ken's the one from WWF though.

I can see how many people would get the misconception that Frank's juiced. When TV adds 10 pounds to someone as ripped as him, it can make him look like a monster. But after having met Frank - as well as several drug tested athletes that are much bigger than him - in person, I can honestly say that I highly doubt that he's juiced.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/17/2003 11:28pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For one he's not that big at all which I agree with what DanDavis said.

You have to be more specific, its alot different being cut and being huge, Coleman for example is quite big but has crap cardio.

Its really quite ridiculous to speculate that just because you are a good fighter that you use steroids.

I am going to say, does it look like Chuck Lidell uses steroids? He's not that big and is an excellent athlete.

I think people are just jealous of someone elses natural abilites and tell themselves that they had to of used steroids to make themselves feel better.

Also peedee just because you took steroids for your low self esteem and poor technique and performance to try and make yourself feel better doesn't mean that description fits everyone.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    2/18/2003 10:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't tell, but it just deosn't seem as though Liddell does, judging from his build....
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12