Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fear the dark lord of cheap sub-par anime!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, did I fail to mention that I do all that extra training in a chamber set to 450 times earth's normal gravity?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 8:55am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    STOLD2 can't talk he LIKED Tekken!!!!

Ken Oh you're a wuss ONLY 450X gravity!!! BAH!!!!

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 9:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe in training for maximum strength and endurance, however it's tricky to know how much of each is best, since you inevitably end up sacrificing one for the other at the highest levels.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 12:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    450x? you are week, it train in 200+x the force of earths gravity!

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i meant 2000

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, Saiyaling

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 7:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd, I think I may know your trouble. You're too consistent. Do different exercises that you've never done before. Do fewer reps/more weight or more reps/less weight. Your body is too used to what you're doing now.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 7:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of mistaken things are being said.

I am going to tell this to Boyd since I myself am his same age roughly and have been lifting weights on and off for around a year and have seen dramatic increases in my strength. I started out barely being able to workout with 95 lbs. and Now I am working out with 150 lbs.

The reason you don't see increases is the most likely reason you never increase weight.

You have to make your muscles go to failure in a certain range of reps. I prefer that you are doing to little weight if you can go through 3 sets of 8 reps and complete all of them. You shouldn't usually beable to complete all the reps of the second set.

So my suggestion up the weight, and every 2 weeks up the weight 5 lbs. Also don't lift the same muscle within 2 days of the workout.

You might also need to eat alittle bit more. I don't have huge biceps no, I don't have huge triceps but I'm not weak by any means.

Also never do cardio and lifting in the same day, and ciggarrette's are bad for you, so if you want low sperm count and to develop tumors in your lungs be my guest.

Now for my workout.

I like to jumprope whenever I can for aslong as I can to increase basically the stamina in my legs, quads and calves. I also do weighted crunches and situps and pushups every night.

This just helps with basic strength. I also practice rolling.

Now for endurance wise I don't do any long term endurance workouts like running 10 miles a day, No I don't have the time or patience to do that. I run sprints and thats all I do, sprints and more sprints. Expands lung tissue, great workout and increases speed and explosiveness.

Squats....and lunges as well :P and I am trying to get into yoga, I could talk about working out probably forever so......ya.

Also you do Kata to workout? Lol please don't make me piss myself laughing....my god, and over head sword swings? Lol how many pushup can you push out? About 10? Why do you do such ridiculous exercises, maybe if your sword weighed 30 lbs. I'd be impressed.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 9:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically going through my forms helps with my balance and breath control. It also lets me practice getting better snap which results in stronger hits and more solid blocks. Going through my kicks increases indurance, flexability, strength, and further ingrains the techniques from something I have to think about to something that's more akin to a reaction. Hmmmm. Why did you think I would do it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast