Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 12:09am

Style: foul lang. & sexy glances

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

broken bones

Just curious who all here has broken bones during training and if so how long it took whatever bone(s) it was to heal.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had plenty of those. It all depends on what bone is broken and how bad the break is. Last boxer's fracture I had for example my cast was off inside 6 weeks. I've always been told that you're not doing anything good for your body by pushing it, but that very light movement and very mild streching the area stimulates healing.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 12:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aries
    Just curious who all here has broken bones during training and if so how long it took whatever bone(s) it was to heal.
    Never really got hurt training, fighting is a different story :) Most I've really broken during fights is my nose, knuckles, fingers, and jaw (it sucks having to eat through a straw cause your jaw's wired shut), but I had a tear in my left bicep and it was pretty rough. I'd rather have broken my arm.

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't broken anything training, but I broke my foot in a couple spots walking.

No ****, on carpet, even.

I was in a cast for 2 months, and had to wear shoes all the time for two weeks after that, which was the condition of getting said cast off at that time. It was the royal suckage.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 2:30pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, forget it being dangerous to grapple on the street, you cannot even grapple on Can Chaser's carpet! Was it at least a thick shag carpet? I can see how someone might trip and... no, never mind I cannot even see that.

I broke my right middle finger in my third week of training. Couldn't flip people off in traffic for eight weeks.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    12/23/2004 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broken clavicle...told to wait a MINIMUM of 2 months before training. I continued to stretch and after two weeks began very slow and light shadow boxing. After 3 months, the fucker hurts when it is cold and I still have a little pain when I try and throw a right hook with any authority...not that anyone should be afraid of me anyways. I did some ground work with the local college judo club which was fine...then I did an hour of throws and my **** hurt for a week. Holding off another month on throws before I ease into them.

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    12/24/2004 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden
    Man, forget it being dangerous to grapple on the street, you cannot even grapple on Can Chaser's carpet! Was it at least a thick shag carpet? I can see how someone might trip and... no, never mind I cannot even see that.

I broke my right middle finger in my third week of training. Couldn't flip people off in traffic for eight weeks.
    Haha, serves you right. Glad that we have our code, dainty bird.

It wasnot my house. I was with a girlfriend of mine, and a couple of our fb's. We were watching scary movies, around 2 hours away from my house, in the middle of nowhere. Sunken one-step-down, living room, and I didn't even trip, or fall, or anything. It was like 35 fucking miles to the ER. Hate to bust your bubble, it was berber.
    You're just JEALOUS!

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/29/2004 4:21pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broke all my fingers and toes, couple of metatarsals and metacarpals, broke my left radius once and my nose a couple of times. The only break that took me out of commission completely was the radius (it is important to consider the weight of your opponent before attempting sacrifice throws...don't learn this lesson the way I did!). Fingers, toes, and hands can be taped up good and tight if necessary, but that probably is not the best way to promote good healing. Out eight weeks with the broken radius.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 9:06pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fractured my hip...it took a fucking year to heal and its still a bitch

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/01/2005 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fractured a knuckle in Escrima. That finger is still weak. Oh well.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989