Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first off thanks for the response for the best kicks! i searched and searched all over the net and i can't find any muay tai schools anywhere near me only a few tae kwon do schools. does anyone know of any good schools on long island new york? actually in suffolk county.

thanks guys!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:29pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.fighting.net

Try the instructor search. Lots of guys in New York.

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:31pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... how far are you from NYC? There are a Harakure Ryu school in NYC. I am not sure if it is just my insturctor or the Harakure Ryu but I was taught to kick with shin and every part of legs. So you may will want to check it out.

If you end up taking TKD, try to kick ONLY with your shin instead of ball of the foot. Also don't take any kicks above waist serious and condition your shin. That should help you some.

Did you check for any Savate school in your area?

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually i did shaolin kung fu for the past 3 years and just left there about 3 months ago. we did some stand up fighting but i really want to develop my kicks! for the past 3 months i have also been doing bjj and love it! just wanted to add some nice stand up skills! muay tai was my first choice but there is nothing around!

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you checked into Savate? They are almost purely developed for kicking only. Also if you find any Dan Instanto's school around you, check it out. They teach both Muay Thai and Savate plus many other arts. If I was you and I found Dan Instanto academy, I probably would quit every other arts too because Dan Instanto academy cover almost everything.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just looked through the net and no Dan Instanto's school around and not much luck finding any savate? i really did not want to do tae kwon do because i am not interested in learning any of the forms thats why muay tai was my first choice.

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sigh* This isn't good... Well I am sorry but here is last two things I can think that have good kicks are JKD and Hapkido. But be VERY careful when you look for Hapkido school, lot of them are mcdojo. I am looking for a school for you right now... I will let you know if I have any luck.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where in suffolk county, I know a guy who trains under master oyata in okinawan kempo. I took classes from him in the late 80's and he was amazing then and I hear he really trains you hard still. Where is PeeDee he is fron that part of NY.
    I live in NJ now but still get out there every month or so. email me at PROHARPER@HOTMAIL.COM

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok guys thanks for the help i will keep looking there is a tae kwon do school about 10 minutes form my house called "dae han tae kwon do" it's been there for years i was going to check them out tonight. here is the masters name there
    Master Xristos K. Gaglias anyone heard of him?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must be near port jefferson, I am from lake ronkonkoma before NJ. There are much better choices for you. TAI-ZEN is a jujitsu school it has been there since 1960. The Kempo school is in farmingville on bluepoint road. I would not bother with dae han

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast