Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2004 10:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an FYI, Rodrigo Gracie is in Baldwin. I've heard good things about training with him as well.

http://www.nysbjjfederation.com/academies.htm

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so I'm officially taking Muay Thai. After an intro class I've suddenly come to the realization that TKD sucks, Muay Thai is the best stand up style invented, and the MT shorts will make up for my total lack of coordination, physical conditioning, and fighting ability.

In all reality it was an extremely good class, we did alot of the drills I do in boxing, except for one which I will describe later, so it was easier for to get into the class. And the drill we did is 3 times a piece punching each other in the stomach, at like 60% power, for 30 second sets. We do something similar in boxing but basically we do a set of situps and then your partner will hit you in the stomach with a medicine ball a couple of times. All in all it's a good class, it's more in line with what I'm looking for, and maybe on the off chance I'm good I'll do a couple of amature fights.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Ok, so I'm officially taking Muay Thai. After an intro class I've suddenly come to the realization that TKD sucks, Muay Thai is the best stand up style invented, and the MT shorts will make up for my total lack of coordination, physical conditioning, and fighting ability.
    The alarming amount of unrefined coolness contained in on pair of Muay Thai shorts is enough to defeat most mortal men.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    12/31/2004 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Their schedule sucks, I can tell you that much. =/

PL

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 2:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I think I finally found the school for me. It's called Evolution Combat, it's in Massapequa they have both standup and groundwork. It's more NHB/MMA than specifically Muay Thai or BJJ. I don't really care as long as I learn MT techniques and how to apply them and grappling techniques and how to apply them. I just have to figure out how to juggle this class and boxing.
    http://www.evolutioncombatclub.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 1:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need not worry...Ray's place is quite far from Bullshido. Matt Serra (UFC champ now!) trains his stand-up there. Luke Cummo (Ultimate Fighter reality show 2nd place) trains there, and is actually one of the instructors. Pete "Drago" Sell, who also competes in the UFC (beat Phil Baroni) trains there. Not only is it not Bullshido, but Ray is a very standup guy, a true class act.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/04/2007 1:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info just shy of 3 years, but thanks anyway.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12