Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The domain where most MAs (MMA and TMA) in general THINK they can tread, but fear to..."

Crimson, this just isn't true: with any good TMA and EVERY "MMA" style (BJJ, Muay Thai) you do full contact sparring every lesson, maybe taking it easy if it's your first lesson BUT not ncessarily, you may still go full contact.

All "MMA" and "MMA arts" classes "test themselves" every lesson with full contact sparring. "Fear"? Yes somtimes I fear that people much bigger than me are going to try and go full contact (with striking, not grappling/clinch), but when it's somone my size I'm generally cautious, not fearful (though somtimes I am):

However to go full contact isn't a fear that would stop me from going full on, it's a must. Do you already know this? Every lesson, usually from day one.

I've no expectation to go UFC styles
    Which would e Submission Fighting, some claim 100% BJJ, but it's still Submission Fighting. That means you wouldn't do any of them seperately (BJJ, wrestling, Muay Thai etc) either?
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps I wasn't clear...I'm saying I'm not deluding myself into thinking I'd be a pro, just that I would be happy with some full contact fights (single art and/or MMA).

With all due respect to clubs and dojos, but I (nor any of my mentors who HAVE participated in full contact competitive events of any kind) have NEVER seen a dojo that equals an organized match/event. Perhaps yours is different, but I suspect what you consider "full contact" and I consider "full contact" are significantly different.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazillian Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet quote in your sig, Crim.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks gong sau. That was actually last Sunday...this particular guy hasn't sparred me in almost a year. Needless to say, I had some suprises for him...but DAMN can he hit that reverse punch HARD! LOL!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12