Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 2:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have seriously never seen a good video or book on Muay Thai. But you watch before I get done posting this somebody's going to come out with one.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega:

Question: Since a reduction in area of contact increases pressure applied wouldn't a "thai" kick delivered through the smaller surface area of the ball of the foot cause more damage? What would be the analytical reasons for this to not be true? Would the greater speed of the foot traveling around the greater radius as well as the smaller surface area not offset the difference in tool density?

Sorry this is getting repetitive but I'm not getting answers that gel for me.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 2:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    er, hitting with the ball of the foot
    (probably unconditioned) hurts more and there is the chance to break or hurt your toes, it has happened to me. the hurtting that is

i understand pro Muay Thai fighters condition their shins so it is similar to hitting someone with a bat

hitting with the "foot" has a greater chance of structural damage then the conditioned shin

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 2:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I'll totally agree with that (I can't currently curl my toes very far back and probably wouldn't kick with the ball without shoes).

Would claims that there is more "power" or resulting damage from a shin kick then (*be*)over stated?

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Edited by - Dochter on February 11 2003 14:15:03

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:01pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh I got it!

Here is the answer:

A well conditioned shin would develope a corner on front. So if you hit someone with a well conditioned shin, that would be like hitting someone with a ax. Corner are much thinner and painful than a round bump shaped foot ball.

So corner would alway be more effective at breaking something than a ball shape object if done at same speed.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:07pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    especially the ribs lol

Dochter-No.
    I really only mentioned ball of foot kicks in terms of front kicks. Not really Muay Thai.

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol that hurt like hell and I love to kick people who isn't well conditioned in the shin.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Conditioned shins develop an edge?

Well if that's the case I'll concede the discussion. Any evidence of this?

My shin bones seem to be bumpy and have some divits, presumably in part from shin to shin contact.

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:17pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mine too, then i play soccer

get some implants

--

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... I will try to take a pic of my shin... but it may won't show up good. Also I need to find someone with the cam to do it.

You may not feel it first but push along the shin and move side to side then you will notice it suddenly drop into muscle. That is where the edge is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast