Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious as to how this site has influenced the opinions of its members. Has it (and those who post) increased your awareness of McDojos, changed your opinions about the purpose of martial arts, or just reaffirmed what you believed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has taught me that others are just as aware of the McDojo phenomenon as I am.

Secondly, it'm being introduced to new styles and concepts that I haven't before. I've never heard of BJJ before comming here, since my pool of martial arts knowledge is mostly in Korean forms. Also, another thing that has been affirmed is my want to study a practical MA. If I ever study another open handed MA, it's going to be readily practical, at least more than the gong fu that the club in my univeristy teaches.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had to re-evaluate my opinions on groundfighting and need for hard sparring, but this is only after informed debate by peoples opinions which I respect (but not necessarily agree with). I feel little common cause with the people who have kneejerk reactions to anything they don't agree with.
    This board also shows that the intellectual:moron ratio is still far to low on the internet.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at first, I thought I was a bad ass TKD,KARATE, GONG FU FIGHTIN BAD AZZ MOFO, but after reading all the posts about McDojos, I am now learning BJJ, and MUAY THAI (since its the only good striking art)so now I think I'm a BAD AZZ BJJer MUAY THAI fightah mofo. Bring it....

TextKIAP GRAPPLE GRAPPLE THAI KICK ARM BAR I OWN YOU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sadly realize there are many more Kung Fu Chi cultists out there than I thought.

A.K.A MEAT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 4:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have radically altered my views of MA since being a member of this board.

the world you live in is just a sugar coated toping. beneath it is another world. The real world. and to survive there you must learn to pull the trigger!!!-Blade

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say itís made me more critical in examining the techniques I and others do. More specifically it has made me look at what sort of approaches are better for me, with my personality (hard vs. soft styles). Such critical thought isn't necessarily the same as dismissal however.

Otherwise I agree with Sam regarding knee-jerk reactions and the moron ratio.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    widened it a bit and it's given me some great links.

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 6:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The prior and latter.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 11:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious as to how this site has influenced the opinions of its members. Has it (and those who post) increased your awareness of McDojos, changed your opinions about the purpose of martial arts, or just reaffirmed what you believed?
    May I ask a more poignant question? Given the obvious emotional bias and insecurities many stylists have for their own arts, do you really expect such individuals to have an objective or knowledgeable opinion on the matter?

In retrospect, given the sad state of professional education in the arts, I'll settle for objective Sheol.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast