232278 Bullies, 4086 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 49 of 49
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. TrueJediMaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska (area)
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/26/2008 12:31pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huge
    This thread smells funky. Almost like it's been laying around unused since 2004.
    Yeah well so what? I've been deployed since then and finally decided to get back online. And despite anything about the age of a post I had information to share. I know for a fact that Bussey had opened a school when he was 15, which someone was calling him on. Despite everything else about his teachings and styles and way of doing things that is simple truth.
  2. huge is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    5/26/2008 5:22pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, your join date is 2 years after the thread died. No one has cared about this for 4 years.

    No one questioned whether he opened a school or not. The fact that he did open a school at 15 is what raised bullshido alarm bells.

    Do you claim that at 15 years of age Robert Bussey was qualified to open his own MA school?

    Would you or did you train under him?

    Do you have anything useful to offer this thread besides confirming something that no one argued with when the discussion was current? You seem unfamiliar with internet forum etiquette.
  3. TrueJediMaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska (area)
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:21am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said who cares. The origianal post alluded to the fact that his opening of a school when he was 15 was BULLSHIDO. Simply because I chose to add a post to a topic is no reason to get upset.

    Do I want to beat a dead horse, not really, but simply put I can confrim his commercial school. And he was fairly qualified to teach what he was teaching back then. Just as much as any 1st or 2nd Dan was capable of teaching.

    I have had the opportunitiy to learn from him, he was never my instructor and I was never a member of his academy full time. Was he different? YES! Was he a bit unorthadox? Heck YES! Was he a fraud? NO.

    I have always been amazed at those who complain about demonstrations of techniques, we never really want ot hurt our students, or fellow instructors. Because of that it is almost impossible to keep things realistic for demonstration and video purposes, unless you have a cadre of qualified students who are also qualified actors.

    As for internet forum ettiquette I'm perfectlly capable of it. Most forums that I have ever been on if a topic is DEAD then the discussion is closed for further comment and you can't add to it. Heck I've been around the internet before it was the internet.

    But as you say I came onto this board not long ago, relatively speaking, so I go through threads and read them. If there is ANYTHING I can add I do. Of course that means anyone that was subscribed to a thread gets an e-mail. So I can understand you are peeved to get an e-mail on a subject you thought dead. But is the thoughts of others irreleavent? Why should I start a new thread when there exist this one.

    Anyway not worth my typing at 0 Dark 30.

    May the True Force be with you.
  4. Matt Stone is offline
    Matt Stone's Avatar

    U.S. Army

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wahiawa, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,246

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 1:40am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueJediMaster
    I've been deployed since then and finally decided to get back online.
    Really? Being an Omaha native, I'm curious what branch you are/were in, and the dates/locations of your deployment. If you're claiming you've been deployed for 2 years or more, I'd be curious to know some minor details... Especially since the bulk of folks alleging active duty service from the Omaha area are likely to be Air Force, and last time I checked y'all did 6 - 9 month tours at the most. I just returned from a deployment that was joint service, with the bulk of our task force coming from the USAF. I learned a lot about our "sister service" while huddled in bunkers with them...

    I know for a fact that Bussey had opened a school when he was 15, which someone was calling him on. Despite everything else about his teachings and styles and way of doing things that is simple truth.
    Of course it's true. The "truth" of a 15 year old opening a school, however, is immediately contrasted by the bullshido of a 15 year old presenting him/herself as having a legitimate claim to being qualified to teach. To teach the bare technical information? Maybe. To "teach" in a broader sense? Hardly. The lack of experience, age, and maturity disqualifies any such claims.

    Do I want to beat a dead horse, not really, but simply put I can confrim his commercial school. And he was fairly qualified to teach what he was teaching back then. Just as much as any 1st or 2nd Dan was capable of teaching.
    Or, better yet, "just as much as any 15 year old, high school freshman, 1st/2nd dan was capable of teaching."

    I have had the opportunitiy to learn from him, he was never my instructor and I was never a member of his academy full time. Was he different? YES! Was he a bit unorthadox? Heck YES! Was he a fraud? NO.
    When/where did you train with Mr. Bussey? If I recall correctly, his school on Arbor required a contract that was pretty involved. His school on 72nd was similarly protected by intricate and costly contracts. How did you manage to train with him only part time, and what training (and with whom) did you have prior to your involvement with Mr. Bussey with which we can compare and contrast what he presented to the public during your association with him?

    The "fraudulent" nature of his qualifications is, I believe, the crux of this thread (and others). It's my understanding that Mr. Bussey spent a whopping 2 weeks in Japan (doing who knows what) prior to opening his ninja academy. It's my understanding, based solely on observing the gradual evolution of Mr. Bussey's ninja techniques into RBWI, and RBWI's evolution into other forms with splinter groups in the Omaha area, that there is more of his TKD and HKD background in their curriculum than there is Bujinkan style ninjutsu.

    I have always been amazed at those who complain about demonstrations of techniques, we never really want ot hurt our students, or fellow instructors. Because of that it is almost impossible to keep things realistic for demonstration and video purposes, unless you have a cadre of qualified students who are also qualified actors.
    Which is less than entirely accurate... I personally witnessed a class (at a gymnastics club on 84th and Blondo) Mr. Bussey was teaching where one of his students was somewhat severely injured when Mr. Bussey executed a technique on him. The student's foot was injured sufficiently that he appeared unable to walk on it. Mr. Bussey didn't even inquire about the injury, ignoring the student entirely. The student sat on the mat for several minutes until the club's regular instructor came over and inquired, angrily, about the student's condition.

    Your ball...
  5. TrueJediMaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska (area)
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 11:05am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Really? Being an Omaha native, I'm curious what branch you are/were in, and the dates/locations of your deployment. If you're claiming you've been deployed for 2 years or more, I'd be curious to know some minor details... Especially since the bulk of folks alleging active duty service from the Omaha area are likely to be Air Force, and last time I checked y'all did 6 - 9 month tours at the most. I just returned from a deployment that was joint service, with the bulk of our task force coming from the USAF. I learned a lot about our "sister service" while huddled in bunkers with them...
    From this I see that you question my service? First don't make assumtions about the branch, just because one lives in the Omaha area does not make one Air Force. I am U.S. Navy Reserve. Yeah the USAF believes in 6-9 month deployments but not the USN, USA, or the USMC. I was not mobilized for 2 years but I was mobilized for 14 months. I signed on this forum in 2005 and shortly after that left. I have only been on a little since returning Found the thread and made a reply.

    I was assigned to Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Unit 114 out of Whiteman, AFB in Missouri. Currently, I'm with Maritime Expeditionary Security Detatchment 131, still out of Whiteman. There are no Security units in the Omaha area, I got tired of takeing blood pressures wth the Fleet Hospital Unit and moved to where I could do some good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Of course it's true. The "truth" of a 15 year old opening a school, however, is immediately contrasted by the bullshido of a 15 year old presenting him/herself as having a legitimate claim to being qualified to teach. To teach the bare technical information? Maybe. To "teach" in a broader sense? Hardly. The lack of experience, age, and maturity disqualifies any such claims.



    Or, better yet, "just as much as any 15 year old, high school freshman, 1st/2nd dan was capable of teaching.
    Since I'm raising a 15 year old right now I do understand your statement. However I have had the opportunity to work with many 15/16 y/o black belts and there have been some that could do amazing things, even 1 or 2 that could teach better than some adults that I know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    When/where did you train with Mr. Bussey? If I recall correctly, his school on Arbor required a contract that was pretty involved. His school on 72nd was similarly protected by intricate and costly contracts. How did you manage to train with him only part time, and what training (and with whom) did you have prior to your involvement with Mr. Bussey with which we can compare and contrast what he presented to the public during your association with him?
    Well I trained with Mr. Bussey and Mr. Rosenbach on a part time basis when I came home from Iowa State University on breaks. I was a student of GM Yong Chin Pak in Taekwondo, Hapkido, and Judo. Suk Ki Shin in Omaha wanted WAY too much money for summer workouts and drop in fees. I was able to train more cheaply (more bang for my buck) with Bussey's school in Fremont. in the 1986/87. Training was hard and fast, and yes I thought his growling was a bit strange.

    I have had involvement with many instructors in my history, some of them include:
    • Yong Chin Pak*
    • Suk Ki Shin
    • WIlliam & Teresea Guy*
    • Steven Grody
    • Bram Frank
    • Remey & Ernesto Peresas
    • Julius Melegrito
    • John Pellegrini*
    • Robert Bussey
    • James Rosenbach
    • Mikkio Nishuchi
    • Robert Picket
    • John Phillips
    • In Sun Seo
    • Steve Seo
    • Edward B Sell*
    Now only the ones with an * by them have I studied with long enough and regularly enogh to call them my instrutors.

    My bio can be found at http://www.san-mai.com/bio_rowe.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    The "fraudulent" nature of his qualifications is, I believe, the crux of this thread (and others). It's my understanding that Mr. Bussey spent a whopping 2 weeks in Japan (doing who knows what) prior to opening his ninja academy. It's my understanding, based solely on observing the gradual evolution of Mr. Bussey's ninja techniques into RBWI, and RBWI's evolution into other forms with splinter groups in the Omaha area, that there is more of his TKD and HKD background in their curriculum than there is Bujinkan style ninjutsu.
    I have no idea how long he spent in Japan I just know he is a strong technican, and very demanding of his students.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Which is less than entirely accurate... I personally witnessed a class (at a gymnastics club on 84th and Blondo) Mr. Bussey was teaching where one of his students was somewhat severely injured when Mr. Bussey executed a technique on him. The student's foot was injured sufficiently that he appeared unable to walk on it. Mr. Bussey didn't even inquire about the injury, ignoring the student entirely. The student sat on the mat for several minutes until the club's regular instructor came over and inquired, angrily, about the student's condition.
    And that is plain dumb! Indiffrence can get one in legal trouble in regards to an injury.


    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Your ball...
    May the True Force be with you.

    Michael Rowe
  6. huge is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    260

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:07pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueJediMaster
    Like I said who cares. The origianal post alluded to the fact that his opening of a school when he was 15 was BULLSHIDO. Simply because I chose to add a post to a topic is no reason to get upset.

    Do I want to beat a dead horse, not really, but simply put I can confrim his commercial school. And he was fairly qualified to teach what he was teaching back then. Just as much as any 1st or 2nd Dan was capable of teaching.
    ...
    I'm not upset. I was just pointing out that you necroed a 4 year old thread to confirm something that didn't require confirming. Everyone accepted that he opened a school at 15.

    If you spend enough time reading posts on this site, you'll find that "Baby Black Belts" are generally derided, hence being labeled as bullshido.

    Relax, it's just the internet.
  7. TrueJediMaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska (area)
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:16pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by huge
    I'm not upset. I was just pointing out that you necroed a 4 year old thread to confirm something that didn't require confirming. Everyone accepted that he opened a school at 15.

    If you spend enough time reading posts on this site, you'll find that "Baby Black Belts" are generally derided, hence being labeled as bullshido.

    Relax, it's just the internet.
    Yes but if a man starts teaching at 15 and has been teaching since then would they not grow up so to speak?

    And don't worry I'm relaxed I take very little from the internet personally.

    and yes I do recognize that this thread is a bit old. but as I read it I saw points that seemed to point to it being newer than it actually was, simpsly because time seemed to stand still while I was gone. LOL Heck time still seems to be a strange things these days.


    Take care and I"ll try not to ressurect dead crap ;) but come up with new stuff :))
  8. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,092

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:19pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueJediMaster
    Yes but if a man starts teaching at 15 and has been teaching since then would they not grow up so to speak?
    No, unless, that person has competent training in those years. It still doesn't validate questionable credentials.
  9. TrueJediMaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska (area)
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/27/2008 12:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    No, unless, that person has competent training in those years. It still doesn't validate questionable credentials.
    So the real problem is not a 15 year old that teaches. But that a man is teaching what you call questionable material. So if the material and credentials were good then eventially the man may have grown up and taught efective material?


    So what makes a person qualified to teach self-defense/personal protection?

    Time for a new thread I guess.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.