Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 8:39am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Time for PRIDE Shockwave picks

- Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Brazil)

Difficult to say. Fedor just seems unstoppable right now, but both men are very well rounded and have a great defence against the other's strength. I'm hoping for Nog on this one though. He's got amazing heart and stamina and seems to pull victiories out of nowhere all the time, but I think this is going to go to decision, with Fedor winning on points because he will have been the more aggressive striker.

- Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan) vs. Rulon Gardner (USA)

Yoshi will walk all over Gardner. I don't know how long Gardner has been training things relevant to MMA besides wrestling, but I'd bet yoshi's got more experience. Plus Yoshi is one tough judoka.

- Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (Japan)

no comment.

- Mirko Filipovic “Cro Cop” (Croatia) vs. Kevin Randleman (USA)'

Randleman got lucky last time. Won't happen again. Everytime I see him fight I get the impression that he totally lacks strategy. Cro Cop by KO.

- Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan)

This is going to be the second best fight of the evening. Both are great fighters, but I'm rooting for Yuki.

- Takanori Gomi (Japan) vs. Jens Pulver (USA)

I heard Pulver turned pro boxer. Great to see he's doing MMA again. I don't know anything about Gomi, but considering the usual skill gap between the japanese fighters and their foreign opponents, I'll go with Pulver solely based on nationality...

- Paolo “Giant” Silva (Brazil) vs. Choi Mu Bae (Korea)

I hate the elefantoid mongoloid bastard known as Silva. Please just leave.

- Yoji Anjo (Japan) vs. Ryan Gracie (Brazil)

Ryan, simply because the Gracies never enter a fight they don't know they'll win.
    Last edited by PoleFighter; 12/19/2004 8:42am at .
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 10:51am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor by Decision
    Yoshida by Sub
    Silva by Manslaughter
    Cro Cop by Head Kick
    Gomi by Decision
    The Japanese Fans
    Ryan Gracie by KO, shortly before getting DQ'd for punching the ref, jumping out of the ring, and soccer kicking that new announcer and jumping up and down on the judges table ala Mr. Furious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 11:02am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor by decision.

Yoshida by submission in the 1st.

Silva by brutal KO in the 2nd.

Cro Cop by TKO in the 2nd (punches).

Hendo by decision.

Pulver by decision (but I really want Gomi to win!!).

Makoto Takimoto (Japan) vs. Henry “Sentoryu” Miller (USA)
    Sentoryu by KO in the 1st.

Stefan Leko (Germany) vs. Ikuhisa Minowa (Japan)
    Minowa by submission in the 2nd.

Chonan vs. Anderson Silva is not listed on the PFC official website, but according to Kakuto that's what's going down. If that's true, I think Silva will take the decision. After seeing Chonan's last fight I really want him to win though (that was a crazy armbar escape). UPDATE: gah, it's not official. still no idea who Chonan is fighting (source)
    2ND UPDATE: it's official. Silva by TKO (punches) in the 2nd

Choi will submit the caveman in the 1st, no comment on Gracie vs. Anjo
    Last edited by albert; 12/23/2004 12:41am at .

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 12:47pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Brazil)
    I can see Fedor winning the same way as their first fight.

- Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan) vs. Rulon Gardner (USA)
    Gardner has a big size difference, and he's been training with Team Quest (Dan Henderson, Randy Couture) for a while. I hope Yoshida wins.

- Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (Japan)
    No comment again.

- Mirko Filipovic “Cro Cop” (Croatia) vs. Kevin Randleman (USA)
    CroCop by armbar from guard :D

- Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan)
    I really like Dan and I hope he wins. Kondo's got nothing!

- Takanori Gomi (Japan) vs. Jens Pulver (USA)
    I don't know. I really like Jens' super punching power, and Gomi is a great fighter as well.
    I want a long entertaining match!

- Paolo “Giant” Silva (Brazil) vs. Choi Mu Bae (Korea)
    Ugly contest. Giant Silva by possible slow lumbering overhand right...no idea.

- Yoji Anjo (Japan) vs. Ryan Gracie (Brazil)
    Who? Gracie will probably take this one.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2004 6:25am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoleFighter
    Takanori Gomi (Japan) vs. Jens Pulver (USA)

I heard Pulver turned pro boxer. Great to see he's doing MMA again. I don't know anything about Gomi, but considering the usual skill gap between the japanese fighters and their foreign opponents, I'll go with Pulver solely based on nationality...

I think you're thinking of the heavier weight divisions.. in the lighter divisions the japanese have some very good fighters and Gomi is considered the second best fighter in his division next to bj Penn.

I'm going with Gomi.

Posted On:
    12/20/2004 9:21am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor Emelianenko (Russia) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Brazil)
    Fedor, Nog is closing the gap and looked alot better in their last encounter. But Fedor is just not going to lose this one. Nog is too passive and to willing to pull guard and Fedor has never been submitted in an MMA match. Fedor via unanimous dec.

Hidehiko Yoshida (Japan) vs. Rulon Gardner (USA)
    Yoshida. A couple of months, even with team quest, will not give Gardner the submission skills he needs to survive this one, Yosh via sub.

Wanderlei Silva (Brazil) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (Japan)
    This fight shouldn't even be happening. Arona and Hendo both deserve title shots first. Silva, for the 4th time, via brutal beat down.

Mirko Filipovic “Cro Cop” (Croatia) vs. Kevin Randleman (USA)
    The problem is you never know which Randleman is going to show up. Cro Cop by left kick.

Dan Henderson (USA) vs. Yuki Kondo (Japan)
    Hendo deserves a title shot, he gets another weak japanese fighter. Hendo by TKO.

Takanori Gomi (Japan) vs. Jens Pulver (USA)
    Gomi, for my money the best lightweight in the world today. Gomi by TKO.

Paolo “Giant” Silva (Brazil) vs. Choi Mu Bae (Korea)
    Bae is the only real fighter in this one. But really, who cares?

Yoji Anjo (Japan) vs. Ryan Gracie (Brazil)
    Gracie via sub.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    12/20/2004 9:31am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xodus2
    I think you're thinking of the heavier weight divisions.. in the lighter divisions the japanese have some very good fighters and Gomi is considered the second best fighter in his division next to bj Penn.

I'm going with Gomi.
    Yeah, you're probably right..
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    12/20/2004 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nog by Dec over Fedor

I'm going with Nog over Fedor. Fedor is like the fat Tito Ortiz; nobody can really point out any talent he has besides being able to use his sizeto pull out of submissiuon attempts. Cro Cop will fracture his skull for him and Mark "I aint won in a loooong time" Coleman took his back in like 2 seconds before "Coleman'ing" and blowing it like he's done time and time again. Last time vs Nog while Fedor was laying on him doing his best white Kevin Randleman impersonation he got a great big cut and had to stop fighting. Maybe the same thing will happen this time and they'll let the fight continue so he can be blinded and beat down.

Gardner over Yoshido because he's American

Yoshitbird vs. Gardner....I really dont know how the **** Gardner got in PRIDE but if its not a WORK, which the fucking Japanese are famous for, then I'll go with Gardner simply because only about 5 or 6 Japanese in the entire world can actually fight and 90% of them are dead, last I heard. Gardner should be able to use some of his fat to throw Yoshitbird on the floor and at least lay on him while he squirms and tries some half assed submission attempt that he's never pulled off when his opponent wasn't bought before hand. Yoshida's triumphant moment was beating Royce Gracie by questionable circumstances in a sissy fight with special rules. His other shining accomplishment was to stand there like a yellow Frankenstein while Wanderlei Silva beat him like a side of beef from Rocky. When the best you can say is "at least I didn't quit" I dont usually expect much from a guy.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Sakuraba

Do I really need to give any comment here?

Silva is going to beat Suckuraba so bad the Japanese will get flashbacks of Hiroshima. Why this fight is even taking place is anyones guess but if I had to make a prediction I would say Suckuraba is finally going to be allowed to retire after being a good boy and being paid to be brutalized by the half human half simian Silva. I'll predict that after Silva rapes Suckuraba for the....well **** I've lost count, but after Silva does a Nagasaki on Suckuraba I'm predicting he'll retire in the ring that night. You heard it here first.

Mirko "Cro Cop" will pummel Kevin Roidleman

After Roidleman threw that fight to Suckuraba he's been in Pride's pocket for his efforts. How else do you explain a guy like him getting into the last Grand Prix, the worlds toughest and highest paid MMA tournament, with such a STELLAR record of 15-9? After he let Suckuraba armbar him Roidleman had free reign to take all the steroids he wanted and nobody was going to test him. Then he got lucky and threw a shot that hit Cro Cop and knocked him out. Now he's back to see if he can hit the lotto a second time but the last my daddy told me lightning didn't strike twice.

Expect Roidleman to come in juiced to the motherfucking gills now that Pride owes him for his work. He's going to look like a silverback gorilla in Full Contact Fighter shorts and blonde hair. Hopefully technique will beat out steroids and we'll never hear from Kevin Randleman again.

Dan Henderson will flatten Yuki Kondo very quickly

If this fight goes beyond the first round I'll be shocked. Henderson is #2 at that weight class and it should be HIM fighting Silva instead of Suckuraba. Henderson would beat the **** out of Suckuraba just like he's going to beat the **** out of Kondo. I gove Kondo literally NO CHANCE against Hendo. The only guy in Pride that can take him is Silva and thats not a definite either. The only reason he hasn't been offered a fight with Silva agin is beciase he's American and he doesn;t have lighting bolts shaved into his fucking head or wear a large silver chain around his neck. Nice guys finish last even when they win.

Gomi will beat Pulver convincingly

Pulver is done. He's been done for a looooong time now and Gomi is one of the few Japanese alive that can actually FIGHT. Pride knows that he's going to bitch smack Pulver and further add to his rep, why do you think they gave him this fight, because they think he's going to LOSE? Gomi is going to be Prides money machine in the little guy category, thats why they're throwing him a has-been loser like Pulver to eat up effortlessly. Gomi is a HUGE star in Japan so I wouldnt anticipate Pride risking his rep any time soon with a tough opponent. This will be fun to watch though.

Paolo “Giant” Silva (Brazil) vs. Choi Mu Bae (Korea)

Does anything really need to be said here? All you have to do is take a good look at the (Korea) after Choi's name to get the jist of the action here folks.

This is like Pride's version of a freak show: a huge goofy shitty pro wrestler vs. a Korean.

Remember how the Japanese used to love their experiments on Americans and Chinese back in WWII? This is kind of like a watered down version of that...
    Ooohhhh, Yuki-san, we put big guy against KOREAN!

Korean? Hahah!! Can Koreans fight?

Who cares? We pay money they beat each other and we watch HAHA!!

Who here is really even going to watch this fight? Unless the Korean comes in with a full TKD uniform and tries to point spar him I'm not interested.

Yoji Anjo vs. Ryan Gracie

This should be ok. Anjo is a good fighter and Ryan Gracie may not be a great fighter but he's nuts and that helps. He also killed a guy in a fight once so maybe some of that psycho will come out here and he'll kill Anjo in the ring. One less ever present Japanese tomato can on Earth to fill my TV screen with "fight filler" while I wait for the REAL fights to start.

If I had to choose between these two I would pick Gracie just because he's not Japanese but Anjo has a good chance of beating him.
    Last edited by PeedeeShaolin; 12/20/2004 5:14pm at .
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2004 6:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pride knows that he's going to bitch smack Pulver and further add to his rep, why do you think they gave him this fight, because they think he's going to LOSE?
    Actually, DSE didn't arrange it, I heard Gomi specifically requested Pulver. Also, if Gomi wins, I don't think it will be convincingly. IMO, the fight will consist of Gomi shooting the entire time, but won't be terribly successful in the endeavor. Doesn't Pulver have great takedown defense? He knows about Gomi's GnP, plus his standing game is so good, he's gonna try extremely hard to keep it standing. And Gomi's standing game is rather wild. On the other hand, Gomi is a tough dude, and with his constant shooting I don't think Pulver will have the opportunity to KO him. But Pulver will be busy standing, which is why I think the decision will go to him.

Posted On:
    12/21/2004 9:27am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor is just a fat Tito? Yeah, aside from the submission skills, the fact he stays constantly busy and attacks all the time. Aside from his powerful punches and the fact that his only loss is via a fluke cut I can see how someone would say that. Someone who didn't know much about MMA fighting that is.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast