Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:38am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys I know this guy doesn't have the greatest record out there but I see everybody ragging on how TKD sucks this and that. Has it proven itself? When was the last time a TKD guy went into a MMA fight and won?

So here you are take a look at his fighting style.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=1082

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 9:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After looking at his wins I see he won many fights by punching and I think he won once by applying a rear naked choke. Niether are traditionally TKD. So people still won't give credit as reping TKD because he has obviously cross trained. Still I give him props.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 11:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is alot of punching in the older styles of TKD, it's the modern sport version that dropped them. I don't see a problem if the guy cross trained in boxing and some submission fighting. Muay Thai fighters, BBJ fighters and Kickboxers all cross train and many don't change their style to MMA. I've worked out with some WTF guys and they were nasty kickers trying for at least a knockback, a knockdown or knockout. I also give him credit for posting all his loses and how he lost.

Edited by - rogue on February 10 2003 10:09:29

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 12:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he's been KO'ed a bit there.....

and he and I weigh the same

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 1:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pizdoff is looking for a fight....

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 6:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of the NHB guys who have TKD blackbelt are actually kickboxers when they enter the NHB ring:

They cliam TKD but they're really Muay Thai, boxing or kickboxing, or they're purely TKD but they just go in brawling/punching etc.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 6:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade,

If techniques are fairly similar and have a different name does that automatically make them from whichever style you like best?

Just curious because the mechanics of most moves are fairly similar between styles. From my understanding (reading here primarily) the main difference between the roundhouse kicks I do (not tkd) and those done by mt is that we have the choice to chamber over obstacles (not something common in rings), or not depending on the environment. If I then don't chamber am I now doing mt and not hkd, I think not.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 6:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main point is that he still states that he's TKD. Instead of changing like 99% of the fighters that enter.

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 7:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was making an observation.....

then again i'm always looking for a fight, but give me a coupla days, someguy needed me in the thigh

--

There are only three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 7:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [basically: if TKD gets in the ring that person will start to use MT/Kickboxing for striking whatever imo.]

Dochter, well if they're the same move then yes: that guy mnetioned above got mostly submission (wether from mount with pucnhes or Rear naked.) If you watch some of the earlier UFCs there is a guy called Pat Smith: they say he's TKD but he clearly mentions that he's a Kickboxing champion or fighter, and uses it.

Full contact roundhouse kick = Muay Thai or a kb variation, as TKD exsists now you're only going to tap the person.

You know better than I do that there are many different types of roundhouse kicks: the fact is that the guy mentioned above looks to be a Submission fighter /MMAist, and not a TKD styilst at all.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast