Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 5:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A T.V. producer.Duh ! ! ! I'm surprised BJJ was even on the list, but then I've been out of the country for two years. Do that many NON-martial artists really know about it?

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw this special about 2-3 years ago, and in their profile of Rickson Gracie they were discussing him having just fought in the Japan Open Vale Tudo 1995, so it's a little dated.

And as a BJJ student, very few people know what BJJ is, except for a few people here and there who know about the Gracies, probably from watching early UFCs.

I personally think Judo deserved a spot, and that Juko-Kai **** was funny, I'm gonna have to do a web search.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 10:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw this special about 2-3 years ago, and in their profile of Rickson Gracie they were discussing him having just fought in the Japan Open Vale Tudo 1995, so it's a little dated.

And as a BJJ student, very few people know what BJJ is, except for a few people here and there who know about the Gracies, probably from watching early UFCs.

I personally think Judo deserved a spot, and that Juko-Kai **** was funny, I'm gonna have to do a web search.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 2:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why the **** did they have juko-kai? what the **** is this bullshit? what about jeet kune do? where's judo?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I not sure if this is true, but I seem to remember that this was based off the number of web sites each style has. Something like a search through gooogle and a couple of other search engines and then tally the results (?)

Like I said, I am not sure if this is true, just something that stuck in my head from around the first time I saw this show.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    2/10/2003 3:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The producers making this didn't know jack ****.

They probably got half of it from kung fu movies, their own pre-conceived notions about Martial Arts, and video games. They probably stumbled on Kali/BJJ/Muay thai. Dunno why wrestling or boxing wouldn't be there, considering they are ancient sports derived from combat. Oh, yeah, it doesn't involve asian guys screaming and wearing funny outfits and posing while they "fight" with flashy movements!

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 3:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do any of you know where I can find some examples of Krav Maga techniques? I found one of their official sites that had about 4 short video clips. I liked what I saw. Like one guy posted earlier, lots of knees. I like the fact that it is totally street-oriented.

Rashomon

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 8:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thai Kick is correct......
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 8:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K diddy is also correct.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 12:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashomon,
    This site has 2 Krav Maga video clips you can view that are a bit longer than the official site of the US.

http://www.kravmaga.nu/
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast