Style: SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Harness & Chin Strap DVDs (clip)

Video Highlight:

Please right click and save:

http://www.onedragon.com/videos/SoFlodsl.wmv

Ordering is available now!

DVDs will be shipped out at the beginning of January in the order they were purchased.

Visit www.onedragon.com to order.

SBGi Vice President, East Coast Regional Director, and 2003 North American Grappling Association's Instructor of the Year, Luis Gutierrez brings you the first in a series of sets on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu dedicated to innovation and the technical pursuit and practice of the art.

DVD 1 - Covers the Harness and all it entails. More than a position of control, the Harness is a dynamic go to point of transition that has become part and parcel of the SBGi approach to attacking the back and an entire style of game for many who in jest now call themselves "harnies". From grips to cinching to attaining the Harness while in transition between common positions and finishing with a myriad of submissions, both common and unorthodox, this DVD will certainly grant you a solid Harness game.

DVD 2 - Covers the Chin Strap and its dynamic cycle of escapes, sweeps and turn over possibilities as well as a few surprise finishes as well. This great lever and back up handle was initially developed from concepts using the kimono but has now come into its own as a high percentage mechanism to off set your opponent's weight and pressure and grant you amazing sweeps and turn overs. Also included in this DVD is a bonus section covering the extremely innovative guard versus guard game of passes created by Luis and now commonly pulled by his kid and adult teams in competition. The V and X passes will certainly surprise your opponents for quite some time!

Luis also demonstrates and explains his own training and coaching approach that is built around none attribute based techniques and a fluid dynamic play of movement. Tempo grappling and flow rolling is addressed and its emphasis on coaches monitoring and setting the pace of training through pressure and position is highlighted in both clips and interview format.

This set will surely revolutionize your current game by highlighting both a top game that is built on getting to the back and a bottom game built on directly sweeping your opponent off their intent and attempts to pass your guard. Add to these unique approaches transition oriented submissions like the "drop guillotine" and "one arm chokes" and you may actually witness something new under the sun.

-Luis

www.straightblastgym.com

www.onedragon.com

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 11:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Gutierrez:

Nice clip, good work, + rep, i like very much your approach to MA training.....

But could have you posted in a way wich seemed not blatant commercial advertisement?

Straight Blast Gym Instructor

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DCS,

My apologies if I offended anyone but it is both a sharing and an advertisement as this is how I make my living and support my family.

The clip has quiet a few techniques that can be viewed and worked on for free.

I could have just shown the clip but would you then say my intentions were hidden? Look, I post in honesty whenever I post opinions, views and replies. I posted my work. It is what it is. Again, If I offended some one's sensitivities, it was not my intent.

Yes, it points out to the source of them and sells the product...if they are interested. That is all. If not....they can just enjoy the clip.

-Luis

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 11:49am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Advertisements whatever. That's some very interesting stuff, especially that guard pass to rear mount at 2:38. Let me see about adding this to my Christmas List.
    Last edited by Aesopian; 12/17/2004 11:52am at .

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 12:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Gutierrez
    DCS,

My apologies if I offended anyone but it is both a sharing and an advertisement as this is how I make my living and support my family.

The clip has quiet a few techniques that can be viewed and worked on for free.

I could have just shown the clip but would you then say my intentions were hidden? Look, I post in honesty whenever I post opinions, views and replies. I posted my work. It is what it is. Again, If I offended some one's sensitivities, it was not my intent.

Yes, it points out to the source of them and sells the product...if they are interested. That is all. If not....they can just enjoy the clip.

-Luis
    No apologies needed Mr. Gutierrez, my rant is about the "impersonal" style of your post.

Luis also demonstrates and explains his own training and coaching approach that is built around none attribute based techniques and a fluid dynamic play of movement. Tempo grappling and flow rolling is addressed and its emphasis on coaches monitoring and setting the pace of training through pressure and position is highlighted in both clips and interview format.
    The MA community needs more people like you, in fact, i used some days ago some of your work to illustrate how i think training must be done.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=116

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    luis,

very cool videos. I love the soundtrack on the soflo vid. what song is it and who sings it?

Chemist

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, great stuff, I'll have to check that out and put it on my xmas list. Lots of stuff I've never seen. I especially like that guard pass, I'll be trying to use that in the near future.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 8:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I was hoping to give my credit card a rest. The temptation may be too great though....

Straight Blast Gym Instructor

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the support guys!

-Luis

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/19/2004 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting vid. clip. These videos look great but am I correct in assuming these videos pertain mostly to rolling with gi's? I haven't trained in a gi for years and probably never will again. In your honest opinion would I being doing myself an injustice by looking into these? Thanks! :icon_sant
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast