Posted On:
    12/17/2004 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

William Durbin's Koga Ninjutsu Bullshido

I was going through Budovideos and came across this book:

And is published by good old Paladin Press. Library for Nut Jobs everywhere.

William Durbin is one particularly annoying individual he has very little understanding of Japanese culture, history, language, etc and tends to event things to fit his ninja/samurai/kempo warrior fantasies. He's misrepresnted himself in print before and was dropped by the publishers, from what I recall a better account of him was on Redmonds 24Fightingchickens forum. Hell go to e-budo and do a search you'll see how looney this guy is. He doesn't help the tarnished name of Kosho Ryu Kempo at all. Did I mention he hold degree bestowed on him by the Juko Kai!:violent5:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 3:10pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, back when I was 12, I read Stephen Hayes' "The Ninja And Their Secret Fighting Art". I read all about sakki and how Hatsumi pwned karateka Hayes when they first met who tried to impress him by throwing chambered hip punches. I read all about the element-based psychology system and how "the older a ninja gets the more powerful he becomes" because his techniques are technique-based and "flowing" and not strength based.

So when I was 12, I really really wanted to be a ninja. I thought ninjas were cool.

Then I grew up.

Why haven't these people?
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    12/18/2004 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    You know, back when I was 12, I read Stephen Hayes' "The Ninja And Their Secret Fighting Art". I read all about sakki and how Hatsumi pwned karateka Hayes when they first met who tried to impress him by throwing chambered hip punches. I read all about the element-based psychology system and how "the older a ninja gets the more powerful he becomes" because his techniques are technique-based and "flowing" and not strength based.

So when I was 12, I really really wanted to be a ninja. I thought ninjas were cool.

Then I grew up.

Why haven't these people?
    Hayes wrote most of his books when he was a mere shodan, just really starting to get into the art. Consequently, anything you read by SKH you have to take with a grain of salt, as he's big on editing and re-wording what people say :P Durbin is, however, completely full of it.