223810 Bullies, 3604 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 5:58pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read it last night while my kid was in her MA class. The instructor had a copy lying on a seat next to me, so I picked it up.

I was actually shocked that BB magazine, a publication that's had some dubious features in the past, would print it as it was written because it basically said that Traditional martial arts were good for little more than cultural preservation, and if you wanted to learn self defense, study JKD, among other similar arts.

I couldn't stop chuckling about the article on "Using a Hook" punch, wherein the author and images advocated lifting your foot completely off the ground when you threw the punch.

The article about the Shaolin weapons was interesting because I'd always wondered what the hell those ring things were, and how anyone could have possibly come up with the idea of using them for anything, much less as weapons. They actually seem like they WOULD be useful for removing brush if sharpened right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's see the writer was a JKD guy and JKD comes out as the sole lethal art. More hogwash, but that's why the article was typical of the content of BB.

Those weapons would come in handy if you're attacked by a rabid bush Phrost.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting...frothy bush must be rabid, explains the smell.

Sorry all but someone had to do it.

The views expressed in this post in no way represent the beliefs of a decent person.

**Oh my god! I don't wanna go to THE STREET mommy! All the mean crazy psycho ninjas pick on me and take my lunch money.**

Posted On:
    2/11/2003 9:52pm

Style: non

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tenchi owned all anime along with Big O even tho Big O had most likly the shortest run in history on toonami. Big O has a dumd name but style they should of found a better name. Also DBZ despite what fan boy might say is kiddie crap.
    Ok off the topic of cartoons that ruin a culture.

I sure hope I don't become them asshole who hate kids for no real reason then to hate them. I feel kind of bad too since someone said kids who join MA are geeks which is funny because I wear glasses and at one point was glued to the computer or the gaming console and showed total disregaurd for health. I am trying to change that. But I guess its ok to admit I am a geek since there is such a geek pride movement lately.

"A California man has been taken to court for stalking Anna Nicole Smith. The man has been charged with invasion of privacy, illegal trespassing, and having really bad taste."-Conan

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 1:18am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BB is good for a laugh and little else.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 1:43am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, TKD Fighter, where'd that come from?

(board breaks with a kick)
    "Is that it? I feel like I should bow, or have honor or something."
    -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Once More, With Feeling"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2003 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    umm...i....i don't know what came over me....i think i will go sit down and think about my actions.........
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234